I Never say the right thing...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by foreverYoung180, Mar 25, 2010.

1. foreverYoung180

foreverYoung180 Well-Known Member

why is it that i never say the right thing? thats why people dont like me. i not purposely offend people or something. cause they just abruptly stop talking to me. then i get severe anxiety and get scared of saying anything unless they might further hate me..

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

:arms: i know this too

3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I feel exactly the same....hugs

4. foreverYoung180

foreverYoung180 Well-Known Member

i just want to get over this (which im not sure if thats possible). i just want to be fun and outgoing again. i want people to want to be friends with me and be around me again.. i dont get too close to people because then they see the real me..and thats not who i want to be. i cant just wake up and be who i want to be. can i? if it were that simple i would certainly do it in a heartbeat

5. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I suffer from the same problem, even on the internet (you can pretty much tell if you've seen my posts...heh).

I wish I could tell you how to overcome this problem. I guess maybe speech therapy to help cope with social anxiety?

6. legat0

legat0 Active Member

I totally understand what you're saying. When I was in high school, I had the same problem. I almost never said the right thing. :hug:

7. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

most of the time when i share verbally with someone i basically trip all over my own tongue, words, you just name it. i really have to give anything i say great thought so i am sure to express myself as i hope to or want to or need to however. i have also had to develope a resistancy if you will about when i do speak. i have come to accept that everything is not always in fact rarely going to come out as i would like. if someone doesn't like what i share that's on their shoulders but at least i haven't kept it inside where it can and would eat me alive if i didn't do it. i have to speak whether i like it or not. so this i have had to accept. not easy when it just seems and feels like it would just be easier to shut up, and i am sure some wish i would most of the time, but i really don't care anymore. not my problem i've taken care of my need to get whatever i need to get crap off of my chest. my friends will always accept me just the way i am regardless. ok enough said there. of course there are those rare times when one must exercise great caution when speaking when doing so could cause harm or trouble for someone else. there are truely times when silence is absolutely golden without any doubt. but those times i don't feel should be all too often.

i find that when i write however, i can almost always tend to convey where it is i'm coming from and how i feel about a situation. the only down side to this option is people can't tend to really understand or it's just my inability to convey the exact passion i feel about whatever it is i am sharing. sometimes i get it sometimes i don't just the luck of the draw i guess. i have recently begun to share with the people at this new church i'm now attending via through letters because it's so seldom i can entirely convey verbally what i feel is important to share. but i'm just anal like this. i just hope someday i will be able to find the way to share the depth of my passion with people so they can understand me just a little better. it's very important to me. please take care

8. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

Maybe it's nerves?

9. gomi

gomi Active Member

foreveryoung,

i know it's tough, but try not to think too much into what you say. just say what you need to say. worrying about what people think is just too much work.

10. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

lol i wouldnt worry about it, i never said the right things either e.g. ppl would have been coooler with me if i lied or didnt say anything at all but i think fuick it be honest with yourself forget about saying the right or ewrong things its other people who have problems no t you.

11. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

You're probably right, wow do I have the same problem with saying/posting the wrong thing, perhaps I also need to realize silence is good too.:mushroom: