i now have the means

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by givenuponlife, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. givenuponlife

givenuponlife Well-Known Member

I have the means and now i just have to find the right time to do it.....<Mod Edit:shades-methods> I have thought about this for a very long time, and with only really one person in my life really knowing what i am dealing with and trying to help me (its not enough) i thought it would be but its not. Even the docs don't believe me so why should i even talk to them. So it will either be @ the end of this month coming up or the next, and then all my pain and crap will be over.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2009
  2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Keep posting here. You need to get stuff out of your head.

:hug:

3. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

Hey my friend, you know, it doesn't have to be this way.

You know something? I don't wanna hear about your preparations. I'd much rather hear about what makes you wanna kill yourself, why don't you tell us that instead?

4. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

givenuponlife, I'm sorry to hear that you feel as terrible as you do.

If you think it would help you in any way, I'd love for you to share some details about your situation. We may be able to help you find other solutions, or at least provide some comfort.

5. givenuponlife

I want to be normal again, and having these thoughts and urges all the time arent helping, i am sitting right now with the means right beside me and have been all night.

No one here in my community wants to help me at all, the medical profession thinks i am faking everything and really doesnt want to help me and hasnt wanted to help me in 3 almost 4 years. I figure the only way they are going to take me seriously is if i end up trying. Then they will know that what i am talking about is really going on and that i am not making the bullshit up.

6. Chargette

When you say medical profession are you talking about a regular doctor or mental health professionals?

7. givenuponlife

yes

i am talking bout both

8. Chargette

Have they given you a diagnosis? Also, if you are not satisfied with the services you have received you can request to see another doctor. Some doctors have bad attitudes in certain matters and it's best just to see someone else.

9. givenuponlife

they really havent diagnosed me with anything yet but they have me on medication...........and i have had 3 psyc docs and my reg doc plus other docs talk to me and still no one wants to listen to me and take me seriously

10. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

what do you want them to do for you?? What do you think would help the most at this point?? Besides attempting, is there another way to get your needs met, it sounds like you are not being heard by the people that ought to helping you, and I know how much that can hurt and frustrate a person who is already in great pain.

11. ace

ace Well-Known Member

You're spot on some Dr's and mental health professional's shouldn't simply be in that field of work.they think because they've studied they know everything,but if they don't and can't take you serious then how the hell is that meant to help the sufferer?.First of all most likely these people have no idea what it really feel's like,then they talk like they know everything but they know jack alot of the time.next I will say to you I think you should honestly reporth these people as you have every right too.

I was once told by a crisis team worker when i rang up being suicidal she said"let's be serious here are you fuckin serious in doing this shit because I'm really busy".Is that how you talk to someone in distress?what a fuckin imbecile,I still have it on my plan's to possible file a report to people in general working in this area as it's been many times I've gotten such a disgraceful attitude.next of all you do mean something to everyone trust me,if you want any assistance at all with anything please let me know even via Pm,and we can talk really of course I'm meaning with help of getting these people to do their jobs seriously and such.Please contact me back asap.

12. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

I was in hospital after an attempt. The CAT team arrived, I think I might have said a joke, they told me, that because I could say a joke, that I was not depressed. They asked if I had health insurance (first question). Then they told me that there was nothing they could do to help. The hospital said they would send someone to see me to help with coping skills. That CAT teams idea of coping skills was, if you feel like offing yourself, ring someone. Do they know how hard that is, because you don't know what the person on the other end of the phone is going to say.

13. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

Ugh, I hate when people say things like that. What utter bullshit. Ignorant people like that are the reason that depression is still so stigmatized. I'm very sorry that had to happen to you.

14. ace

ace Well-Known Member

The CAT team are a joke and many of them deserved to be shot,sorry for the way they act toward's people in distress.saying such stupid thing's as have a warm drink and a shower seriously these people are cluelss and totally ignoarnt something need's to be done about them.

15. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Wow, kind of hilarious that they think you're not depressed because you said something that could have been taken as a joke. That's sounds like a load of crap, I probly would have flipped there at that moment and killed someone :eek:hmy:.

16. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

Ohhh and I had also seen a shrink on the exact same day, and tried to off myself about 4 hours after seeing her. The CAT team only asked me safe questions. They didn't ask anything such as "are you going to do it again", I told them I had done 2 previous attempts as well. I gave them the phone number of the shrink I was seeing. They also thought that my husband was my father. LOL :)) They said to him, "Oh are you dad". I said, "thats not my father, thats my husband" he is 14 years older.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2009
  17. givenuponlife

well its still the same way, i still have the means and i am still having the thougths. I am fed up with the doctors being jackasses and not thinking that i DO have a mental illness. Like i said before, (when is the only time they are going to help me, when i am on my way to the hospital cuase i attempted)

18. givenuponlife

I am to the point i really don't care anymore, these thoughts and urges are getting so bad i am scared now. I just don't know how much longer i can keep fighting them

19. givenuponlife

ok i am now done, i can't take this shit anymore so all i am going to say is .........BYE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Socks

Socks Member

Hi,

I am totally new here, but I see you questing for help. That is huge, that is enormous. I don't pretend to know how you feel; nor will I attempt to tell you what to do. I will offer a quiet suggestion, tho. If those to whom you look for help are not helping, look elsewhere. In fact, you are surrounded by those who can and will help you right here. I have not seen such a sincere and caring group of folks.

Just talk to them. You can beat this.

-Socks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.