I Often Envy People Who Are Dead or Dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

D1979

Does anyone else feel this way? I often do. At least they do not need to live in this terrible, cruel, and unfair world any longer.

Husky

Hi D1979, I can understand why someone would feel this way particularly if everything seems to be going wrong. However, I think in most circumstances, people don't want to die but they just want the pain to end. This happens in time for people too. I guess the other dilemma with people who are dying is whether they are in extreme agony if they have a terminal illness for example, and whether those who are dead would want to come back and try again. It's a great point that you raise though and thank you for sharing your feelings on this. Husky

AAA3330

It's sad, but I do too. I want to go be with family members who have died. I often think that I would rather have a terminal illness than what I've got. At least then I could look forward to an end of my suffering.

i believe there's two options from here.
nothing or everything.

i think the nothing is the suicide and where the other people are
the everything is what we can make here in this life

i do miss some who have died but i don't believe their being gone is peace whether we're here or there.
hold on though because if you can make self look forward to everything, the nothing pales.

sweetles

Always. Even images of dead bodies, even those who have died horrific violent deaths, leaves me with strong feelings of envy. I would gratefully trade places with any of them.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Im now afraid of death. Before I was ready and wishing I was one of the dead. Now I get scared and am glad I am not dying like them.

W Miller

Yes, but for me its a bit different, though. I don't feel jealous of their death and want to join them, I wish I could take their place so they could get another chance. I have nothing/nobody to live for now.

EDIT: Actually, I can see where everybody is coming from really above.

Last edited by a moderator:

D1979

So many interesting thoughts that can only be understood by fellow sufferers of depression. "People don't want to die, they just want the pain to end". Husky really hit the nail on the head with that quote. I wish more people would realize that. That is exactly how I feel. I want to live the happy and full life that I once lived, but I am prevented from doing so due to the destruction and erosion of my outer looks. I am scared to die, partially because of the pain of certain methods of committing suicide and partially because I could be sent to a worse hell than what I am living through right now.

normaljoe

Yea, two friends of mine killed themselves, everyone was crying but me. I was happy for them and kind of jealous. Another friend of mine died accodentally while hiking a couple months ago, same thing. Wven though the last was not depressed, i was srill happy he would never have the chance to hate his life as much as i hate mine as stupid and inconsiderate as that sounds, its the truth.

Bruces

I feel the same I just want to die I make a point if not wearing my seatbelt and I also chain smoke in the desperate hope of getting cancer,I see plane crashes on the news and wish I was on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00