I overcame it! With ponies?

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by x86cam, Aug 6, 2013.

1. x86cam

x86cam Member

About 3 years ago, I signed up for a forum, and there were huge trolls. And I mean, my brother was the lead moderator, and even he was mean to me. They started saying, "Leave", "Kill Yourself", "Nobody Cares", and, "You ******."

I considered committing suicide 1 year later, and that's where I found this forum. So I started a topic here http://www.suicideforum.com/showthread.php?101931-Ugh-Aspbergers and I was really considering suicide. I got comforted a bit.

1 year after that, I was introduced to a show called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic via my friend. He told me to watch a few episodes, later that week, I did.

I did not know that this would change my life. As I watched the show, I started to get happier and happier. And then my brother finds out, and he makes fun of me. BIG TIME. So then I was quite disappointed with myself. I didn't think I was worth living for.

On our way to a restaurant, I witnessed a convention going on, and I saw a cosplay of my favorite character. My faith has been restored. I tried to convince my dad to let me go to a convention, he kinda was iffy about it, but then I told I would be going with friends, and I knew the dangers. He let me go.

At the convention, I hosted a panel. I started feeling better about myself. Way better.

It was the best experience of my life.

As I left the last day of the convention, I reflected upon what had happened. I was proud of myself.

I said on my first day of school with a My Little Pony shirt on, "I like My Little Pony. Deal with it.", so yeah I got a few chuckles, but not really anyone made fun of me.

I cured from about to attempt suicide one day to feeling really proud of myself the next.

I am proud of myself.

Thanks!

2. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

that's really great!

good for you

and their's nothing wrong with watching my little pony- i have not actually seen it, but anything that makes you feel better about yourself is totally worth it