I paint my body red with a knife..

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by SilentScream, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilentScream

SilentScream Well-Known Member

I do not really know what this feeling exactly is; but I somehow would really like to share it.

I somehow really feel this urge to cut myself, and it's not for the pain or something; it's because of the blood, that will flow out from those wounds, like they are crying..
    And I think that wounds and scars really do look good, at the moment I've got around 18 scars and 5 new wounds on my torso (not my arms)

And everytime that I look at my body in the mirror, looking at those wounds and scars, it's like an incomplete picture, there isn't enough red in it, so I cut again then, so there is more red, more wounds, to create a better picture..

This happens everyday; sometimes I can control it and just look for a good distraction; but in other times I keep cutting myself like I'm trying to cut a steak out of myself..

Thanks for reading :)
  2. lotte

lotte Well-Known Member

I feel this way a lot, too. I just feel like there are never enough scars on my body, I always need more. Recently my parents bought me a book and a movie about how to stop selfing injurying. They've been becoming obsessed about the whole thing; I wish they'd just stop talking to me about it.
  3. SilentScream

Hello Lotte;

I can understand your feeling;
    Have you spoken to them to stop talking about it..?
    if not; you should explain them that the less you think about it the less u feel the urge to cut, that you need distraction instead of explaination..

Also something that maybe might help; is using a kind of marker.. to make fake wounds; it doesn't help for me; but it is an option which might eventually help! :)

Stay strong! :)
  4. BeautifullyChaotic

BeautifullyChaotic Well-Known Member

Have you guys thought about tattoos? Something permanent of your own design. I'm not saying this is an answer, but maybe get one with a lot of red and see if that helps. It's much safer than cutting because the tools are sterile and it's in a controlled environment, plus, the red never goes away, so maybe once you have it done you will feel as though your picture is more complete.
  5. SilentScream

I've thought about that yes, but I know it's not the same..
    because it's not real for me..

Thanks for the tip/suggestion anyway! :)
  6. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

I used to SH for basically the same reason. I used to love having cuts on my arms and legs. I thought that they looked good and I loved having the blood rush out of my arm. I didn't do it so much for the feeling, as i did for the physically affects.
  7. SilentScream

I also do not do it for the feeling anymore. I used to cut myself for the pain which would run all the way through my body, triggering my limits and reflextions.. I also cutted sometime because I wanted to get out of this body.. but at the moment I only cut because of the blood flow and the wounds, and it's also the cutting itself, which is kinda exciting to me..
  8. BeautifullyChaotic

I hope you are at least careful about it. I won't tell you you should stop, you already know it's not good for you, I just hope that you clean the wounds properly, as well as the blade so you don't get a nasty infection. We all do the things we do for different reasons, and I am no exception, so while I don't understand what you are doing, I respect that you do. Just please be as safe as possible with it.
  9. SilentScream

Thanks a lot for your concern and for your care! :) I really appreciate that.

And I am carefull, and I do not cut too deep; besides I always clean my blade after I cut; and I throw my razors away.. also when I'm in the shower I clean my wounds carefully.. :)
  10. BeautifullyChaotic

:) I'm glad. If you ever need a chat, I'm around a lot.
  11. SilentScream

Aww, thank you! :)
    I'll keep that in mind :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.