I panic when I hear about the future

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by SkyHigh, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyHigh

SkyHigh Guest

Everytime someone begins to talk about what they want to do in the future I get this strange impulse to want to run away and end it.
  2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Heh, I'm the same way. People always ask me what I want to do in the future, and I never know what to say to them..
  3. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Live in the present! You don't have to think about the future if you don't want to. There's a certain freedom in not allowing ain thoughts.yourself to be bogged down by cert
  4. SickOfLife

SickOfLife Active Member

I'm sorry Sky, I know my thread is basically about me, and future careers, and how my future is going to suck. If it made you feel like that I apologise. Just ignore it. Plus you're 15, too young to think about the future now.

Living in the present seems like the best advice to me.
  5. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I agree with the others Sky High. Don't worry about the future. Live life in the present. Enjoy what you have and don't let the future worry you.
  6. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Plenty of time to worry about the future, man, don't sweat it too much right now, that's what college is for :). Live in the present and enjoy it, too often people get so caught up in life that they forget to live it. Of course, it is your life after all, it's only common sense to take care of it and make sure you get out of it what you want, no one's gonna do it for you. It's tough sometimes but the harder you strive the more satisfaction the reward brings. Don't let talk of the future scare you, everyone has their worries about it even if they don't voice them. It's not as scary as it seems. Enjoy your time, think of the future when you have time but prioritize the present, you aren't promised another second. Balance. Have fun, but don't be caught off guard when it's time to collect. Don't take anything seriously unless it's serious.
  7. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

How olda re you SkyHigh? What are you doing now?
  8. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I'm the same.
    I don't want a future, hence I hate when people ask me what i want to do, or what i have planned, and if im forced to talk about it, it's all merely a fake fantasy that will never come true. why think about the future, if I wont be here! stupid.
  9. SkyHigh

SkyHigh Guest

I'm 15.

That's exactly how I feel.
  10. SkyHigh

SkyHigh Guest

:eek:hmy: Your 7 years old?
  11. SkyHigh

SkyHigh Guest

How did you know that I read your thread? :blink:

It's not because of your thread anyways. Careers is the main topic at school nowadays.

The present is just as bad, that's why I'm here on this forum.

Things are only getting worse, I don't see any chances of change for the 'better'.

I'm waiting for the moment when I'll feel I've hit rock bottom (again) then I'll take that moment as a chance to end it.
  12. SickOfLife

SickOfLife Active Member

An educated guess lol.

I hate the future too because I can see it and it's going to be worse than everything I faced up till now.It's like I've been damned to a life of sadness and suffering...if there is a God, he fucking hates me. Sometimes I feel I would rather not have a future than one with more difficulty.
  13. SkyHigh

SkyHigh Guest

I see....:blink:

I feel the same way.
  14. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Dear Sky,It's not unusual to feel scared about the future I know with all the pressure around and here other's talk you feel somewhat pressured in a sense.Do your best to try not to feel pressured about the future,try to go one day at a time for now.How are you feeling right now about thing's?
  15. SkyHigh

SkyHigh Guest

I haven't felt alive for a week now. I continuosly ask myself 'Why am I still here?'
  16. Random

Random Well-Known Member

All I can say is that I understand. I know that feeling. I've felt it all my life. When I was in grade school, the teacher asked us all to say what we wanted to be when we grew up. Everyone had an answer except for me. I think that was the first time I felt real anxiety about my future. As young as I was, I realized childhood wouldn't last forever and someday, I wouldn't be able to run and hide from it. And ever since, I've just felt it coming for me. I've ran. I've hid. I've ducked and dodged. I've tried to ignore it. But it's just waiting me out and I don't know what to do.
  17. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

I've never seen a future with anything, either. I've tried to convince myself I want to work with games, but I don't want to do that, either. I guess the most future I can see for myself is making adult bishôjo games, aside from finding my one and only girl, of course (which is highly unlikely)... but that'd only be interesting since they'd be adult games.

Well, if it continues in the way it has since I was 18 (now well over 26), I will get early retirement when I become 28. I guess that's my future. Indifferent about that, though, but I certainly wish I could get larger amounts of money, so that I will be able to live in a house with my possible future girl. That's why I've put all my money in shares; it's my only chance. If I lose all money, I tried, at least... if I'd find her, we would have to have a house.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2008
  18. titanic

titanic Well-Known Member

Live for the here and now, for tomorrow is another day

One step at a time :wink:
  19. Will

Will Staff Alumni

I know what you mean.

I'm 17 right now, I've got like...10 months till I'm out on my own such. I'm honestly still at a standstill. I used to work last year, and quit half way through. Part was to finish school (and I did) and to take advantage of what little time I had left. Because I really like doing nothing, and it's sad.

I'll have to force myself to start working and such again, which I'm okay with, because I think I can once I get started. But I've also been feeling low for almost a year straight, very on and off. And I know I wanted to 'do it' sometime soon.

So right now, it's like, I'm not doing ANYTHING right now. I will probably have to go back to work soon...but then, when I'm out on my own, or even if I make it there, I just don't know.

I'm too on the edge. I either live miserably or die, and either is really something I wish not to do.

I agree with everyone when they say to live in the present, just at least look ahead once in awhile, or you'll end up in a bad situation like me. But right now, just take advantage of what time you got. Because we're only young once, and you only get to do 'nothing' once, and after that it's work work work.
  20. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I guess it depends on the person.

For some, hopes and dreams are what keeps us alive. We have ambitions and we cling onto them hoping that we can achieve and give us a reason to like ourselves, or be proud of ourselves or maybe for others to be proud of us.

Reminds me of these kids who were bullied tremendously at school but they kept going because they wanted to prove to the bastards who made their life hell that they are not the worthless, pathetic people they made them feel, and they go on to uni, get a successful job and lead a good life to prove to themselves and to everyone else they can do it. My psychology teacher, I remember clearly a conversation we had and he opened up, and told us his mother didn't phrase him at all, quite the opposite, she said he would make nothing of his life and when I left school almost 2 years ago he was working on his 4th (I think) degree, he is a VERY intelligent man.

It can be scary thinking about the future. I guess I have been "lucky" in that respect as I know the career path I want to go down but I DO fear it at times and I believe I can't get it... it's a challenging career to get into nowadays and there's competition but I'm hoping determination shall pay off. But right now, I need that determination, I've taken a step back but I DO want to make something of my life, and I want to dedicate my life to helping other people, so at least I have some worth. Anyway, we'll see... right now I'm just taking each day at a time.

Anyway... I just want to say I understand where you're coming from.. the future can be a scary thought. I try not to think past the career because other than the career, it really does scare me. I have absolutely NO IDEA where I will end up, if I'm still here.

Skyhigh, you are still young. I know that sounds patronising and I'm sorry but try not to worry, you don't need to make any plans yet at all. Hopefully down the line things will fall into place for you and the future won't scare you as much.

Take care of yourself, and sorry for my ramblings. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.