I put myself down

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by faceshed, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. faceshed

faceshed Active Member

sorry I don't know if this fits here.

So I have this new habit of telling myself how worthless I am, I don't bleave what I say all the time but it feels good to tell myself.
    I don't feel any need to stop I can't see a reson too but I do really want to know why it would feel good to tell myself I'm scum.
    let me know if you have any ideas or if you have a sujestion of someplace else to look for a problem like this.

2. scared_child

scared_child Account Closed

i used to do the same thing. you have to be very careful with stuff like that, if you dont stop that is. because for me, it got worse and now i have scars up and down my arm. i really hope that people here can help u with this.

3. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Psychological Self Harm? I never would've thought of that phrase... well I'm used to it, being my own worst enemy that is. I think it ties into how I was treated as a child.... the image of it's cruelty forever burned into my brain. Sometimes I actually end up feeling very bad because of the thoughts....sometimes I can ignore them. I guess therapy might help you. dunno exactly but that's probably what would work for a prob like this.

4. faceshed

faceshed Active Member

thanks for the input but I don't like therapy not with anyone else anyhow.
    But I've been working with myself and I think I got a good idea so just ignore this post.

(now if only I didn't feel so Stupid for asking in the first place)

5. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

I do the same thing faceshed. I feel like if I tell myself I'm worthless first I don't have to hear someone else say. It's like I say it so I already know when they say it, it's true. It's definitely not a good pattern to get yourself into. It will eventually destroy you.

you are not scum. I don't know how you can get yourself out of the habit but maybe when you realize yourself doing it stop and say something positive instead of neg. It may seem lame but you never know...it could work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.