I put on my ranting shoes and I

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Joshuwah, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joshuwah

Joshuwah Well-Known Member

Made a post.

Does anyone else feel that the quality of this site has diassapeared (cluttered with people like me who dont even care to spell correctly)

I've come on today ( See above post date ) and theres 400 newposts of people whinning, is like 4chan has signed up and is trolling around.

we've got people who think the whole world is against them, people who want drugs there doctor wont give them ( guess what folks doctors know more than you so listen to them if what your on wont help then another drug may not be the answer, and besides most of you dont even want your meds to work even if they do)

Then we have people moaning about how much meds cost because they want to buy them instead of getting a script.

Its all just a laugh, I know there are some genuine people about..

And the next person who decides to put themselves up to prostitution and the tell everyone they are going to do it is gonna get a bitch slap from me, we've had enough events with members going off and banging each other without you lot advertising yourselfs to the countless people on the internet. Bearing in mind, my profile, should say I'm 18 or summit, and I am (I say I am) I can think of maybe 1 active member who can verify that, how many people are there on here who could just be saying that their 18 /20/35 you people should trust each other to listen and talk, but not with your personal details, the reason why we organise meets is so that there are loads of people there, for your/our own safety.

This lil dude is distracting me so I'mm include him :Leiaha:

Anyway, people before moaning about things, stop and say to yourself, will soemone be able to help me? will i feel better for sharing this? if the answer is no then keep it to your effin selves.

I'm sick of reading threads that someone babbles on, then someone actaully has to ask whats up, and the OP just says, 'Oh never mind you wont understand' and then says nothing.

Some of you people on here I just think are part of the 'attention generation' You know the one, where poeple are killing themselves after setting up online memorials, those people who are just a few years younger than me. we dont want to hear problems like My GCSE's are gonna be crap (for us english) or I haven't got a job so my life is not worht living ( we dont want to hear it, a true problem is having a job because you live either with one or no parents and you have to pay for everything while trying to get a decent education so yours not like your parents and your very stressed) << thats a problem, not one we could help with, but talking to someone for an hour, just to take their mind off things could make them happier.

Anyway for the fear of the letter limit, that all for now
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Well i hope your rant makes you feel better and i think when people talk about their pain no matter how small it is to us it helps them to. Each person problems are perceived differently by them and i will not judge them for trying to reach out and rid themselves of that pain. You got to rant and i think they can rant all they want to take care glad you got that off your chest.
  3. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

*cough* Afuckinmen *cough*

Love you for posting what I've been thinking. :hug:
  4. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

So what, your complaining peoples problems aren't dramatic enough for your entertainment? I question why the fuck your even here anymore then, if you ever felt depressed enough to kill yourself, you might possibly feel some empathy towards others rather than putting them on the fucking ladder of worthy causes. Your perception of pain is different to others.
    Kids grow up and all they ever here is SATS, GCSES, ALEVELS High school dipolma, Degree, Bachelors, Masters, Keystage1,2,3,4,5 "These are the most important things of your life, if you don't get 5 A's you will at life become a bum and die of AIDS".
    As for jobs, thats important too, it doesn't matter if you own your on home or live with your folks, your expected to be productive and pay your way, you might loose your home or your self respect and for a lot of people both are worth dying for.
    Meds are another story and funnily enough, Docs can make mistakes, theirs how many brands of anti depressents all with their own side effects and effectiveness individual to people, is it wrong that folks might want to change from their docs blanket med for depression to something else?
    Not to mention about people paying, not everyone has the NHS or health insurance or wants to involve their Doctor and have psychological issues wrote down against em for the rest of their life.

For me, this site has got stronger over the last year and a half I've been here, its no longer dominated by the same cliquey bullshit everyone used to bitch about, the chat has became more friendly to new people, theirs less drama than when I signed up and in my experience more support for the people who want it. I hope it continues this way and if you think you're so high and mighty and above helping folks then don't. Just don't expect folks you shat on while going up the ladder to grab you when your falling down.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2009
  5. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

A problem is anything that upsets / hurts / affects someone.
    No one can say one persons problems are worse than someone elses. It's all about how it makes that person feel.
  6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Joshuwah~ None of us have the right to decide what a "true problem" is. What doesn't have an effect on you or upset you may have the opposite effect on someone else. If you've got an issue with what people are posting, my suggestion would be for you not to read or reply to them, instead of criticizing people because you don't think their problems are legitimate.
  7. 12years

12years Well-Known Member

I've been here for only a few days. I don't know if the quality of the site has disappeared as you've said, but I do know this is a suicide forum. What do you expect, really, from people who are emotionally unstable enough to consider killing themselves as a solution to their problems?

It's a well-known fact that many people in their teens or early 20s who claim to be suicidal or have attempted suicide (and failed) do it for the attention, and I'm sure rather than to die what they want really is for someone to listen to them and to assure them that "things will be okay." Why does it bother you so much that some people simply feel the need to whine? This is a public forum. No one's forcing you to read what you don't want to read (I like to skip that type of posts myself), and definitely no one's forcing you to stay. Perhaps you've outgrown the suicidal stage many teenagers go through, and perhaps this place just isn't for you anymore.
  8. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

9. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

Emotional instability has nothing to do with who is worse off.

10% of Americans suffer from bipolar disorder. Whereas in Nigeria it is less than 1%.

What does this tell you about depression in relation to having a job just to survive? Their is a lot about western society which is greatly weakening us mentally, particularly the youth.

The complexety of the west and its demands are what opens up to these mental issues. We do not live in tight communities where by you know your place and know the job you must do just to survive and put food on the table. Those days do not exist anymore in the west, not as much, yet depression is going through the roof. The pressure in education is big, the pressure to do well and get that well payed job, this isn't a site full of miners, steelworkers and shipyward workers, Thatcher shut that down, the pressure in Britain is different.

It is a fatal error to assume emotional stability should be entirely based on getting food on the table otherwise just "get a grip". It does not work like this.

You're right though, this forum is attention seeking. But that is what it is about, we are here seeking the attention we cannot get in real life.
  10. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

What the fuck lol
  11. Joshuwah

Joshuwah Well-Known Member

Guys if i wanted your opinions i would have included question marks. Since i didn't go make and contaminate other threads.

Oh and sam :hug:

hope that worked having to post reply from ipod
  12. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

hahahahahaha :clap:
  13. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Brilliant!!! LOL. :sparkle: Just for dramatic flare
  14. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

You don't want replies, and have gotten whatever it was off your chest so I am going to now close this thread.
  15. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Last words!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.