I quit my job after a week and a half

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
It was 4 hrs commute in total and 9 hrs shift with 1 hr break. A call center. Ears and back hurts a lot. Someone please help me and talk to me. Idk what to do I feel so weak. I'm a failure. I wish I was dead so so bad.
I'm definitely sure that I won't survive 4 hours in commute due to the amount of suicidal thoughts. It's scientifically proved that commuting is bad mentally and physically.

You are not a failure, you made a choice to save yourself.

Daphna

Ninja of light
It was 4 hrs commute in total and 9 hrs shift with 1 hr break. A call center. Ears and back hurts a lot. Someone please help me and talk to me. Idk what to do I feel so weak. I'm a failure. I wish I was dead so so bad.
I’ve worked at a call center before. It’s definitely taxing on the nerves. If it wasn’t a good fit for you then you did the right thing. No sense in being miserable, especially for a four hour drive! Yikes!

foreverforgotten

Quiet Observer 🦋
SF Supporter
I just wanted to say, that you might feel like the lowest, person right now. But you are not. I have done this exact thing. Several times. In 2019 I had 8 jobs... Some call centers, bakery, dish washing, walmart, one was at a hospital as phlebotomist(that I went to school for and worked really hard). I lasted 2 weeks,at the hospital. And 1 week everywhere else. ... Ive worked at a more decent call center now for a year.. Still work there until I can get back in my feet. You gotta do what you gotta do. Treat your human dignity with Care. You deserve better.. Its is okay to job hop..

I'm sorry you have to experience it though... You are not a loser or pathetic for quitting. *sadhug please dont listen to that voice. Its lying. Doesn't feel like it currently, but it is...

Last edited:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00