I quit my job

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ChillCash, Dec 31, 2008.

1. ChillCash

ChillCash Active Member

I didnt just get up and quit, I at least put in two weeks notice so i can hopefully use them as a reference since it was my first job and i was with them for 6 months.

It was just not the right job for me. I worked at a restaurant as a food runner and busser and i cant stand dealing with people, so i was in constant torture. The only way i could cope even going if i was high. If i wasnt high i'd have to retreat to the bathrooms every hour and cry for 10 minutes. It took a pphysical toll on me aswell, as I had to constantly run around a huge building for 8-12 hours non-stop carrying heavy stuff.

Has anyone else ever quit any of their jobs due to depression or something similar?
  2. ergo51

ergo51 Well-Known Member

Yeah a 'good' job as well. For emotionally similar reasons to yourself. To operate on any decent level I had to be drunk, otherwise I would just hide, and no one realised as I was so practised. When the shift had finished I continued getting drunk and then on my days off I would be hungover full of regret so I'd go get get drunk (stupid I know bet I got so drained by the effort of being 'o.k.') I stuck at it for years as well. Very dodgy. Often I berate my self for being weak and resigning, but I know in my heart it was best. Sometimes I thank 'God'/fate whatever that I left, it really just depends on where I am emotionally.
    Try and stay positive I guess, jobs are just jobs they do not define us. A career is different, can you imagine anything you really want to do? If so do it I'd say.
  3. AthenaSyphier

AthenaSyphier Active Member

Oh I have quit twice.

You have to thru life to find out what job it is you really want to do.

My problem was I didnt give notice. lol. I just quit.