I quit.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by attack_amazon, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. attack_amazon

attack_amazon Well-Known Member

Someone once told me that it doesn't matter how many hands you win or lose, it's knowing when to quit. So, I quit. I won my fight tonight. With the money from the purse, my family won't have to shell out for a funeral and my husband will have enough left over to start a new life without me. Hopefully with someone better. That's a good enough ending to an otherwise pathetic story. If "happily ever after" is impossible, then you take the best you can get. I could expound on my reasons and lament that it's come to this, but it would be pointless and it would just give me more time to chicken out, so I'm just going to say goodbye and get on with it.

You guys have been great. Best of luck in the new year.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:eek:hmy: Attack

Please don't do this.You have been fighting for so long,don't give up now. You are stronger than that.I'm sure your husband will be devastated if you go through with it. I hope you reconsider. I'm always here for you.

3. Hey attack, I hope you haven't done anything too rash. How are you now, I hope you've stuck around because you deserve to. :hug: PM me if you need me.
  4. LightInTheDarkestNight

LightInTheDarkestNight Well-Known Member

I can relate to some of your feelings. I don't know the specifics, sounds like you have a caring family that would miss you greatly

I hope you choose to carry on and fight another day.

Best wishes
  5. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

Its not pointless darlin. I know it feels that way and, nothing i say or do will change that for you. Talk, either with us all or just one of us. I promise it does work :).
    Hope you dont do anything rash. Here if you need me lea :hug:
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

You said your family would be better off with out you. Do you want someone else raising your child/children? You leaving them will destroy them. I know step parents meen well but they can't compare to having there real mom to tell there deepist secrets to. To teach them right from wrong, to hold and cuddle with when they are hurt.
    Your husband will never be the same again with out you especially if you commit. He will start blaming himself for not trying hard enough. Think about what actually will happen to your family if you do this. It's not something you can take back or once you commit you can't change your mind. I wish you the best and hope you will reach out for help. I can tell from your posts that you are a very independant individual. All I ask is that you stop and think about it very carefull!!~Joseph~
  7. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi attack amazon. I remember you mentioning that your other husband had died, but you still have one husband and children that love you. Please hun, don't commit suicide. Also, your children will never get over the loss of thier mother. And your husband will probably blame himself for your death. He might even become suicidal too, since suicides often lead to other suicides. Stay with us hun, and let us help. :hug:
  8. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I really hope you haven't left us. I don't know you but i've read some of your posts and you seem like a lovely person. From what Dave said there would be many people that would miss you terribly if you were to leave them. Talk to us and we will do the best we can to help and support you. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.