I quit ...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by melosine, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melosine

melosine Active Member

These thoughts arent going to go away and it seems like there is no hope for the future or to get help. I can no longer be here anymore, Ill wait another month to stick it through, I dont want to be here next year. This whole semester has been hell for me. Im not even comfortable in my own skin. I hate myself and I feel like a failure. Ive been failing all my test for the past months and its not making me feel any better. I was diagnosed with anxiety and after finding out about it, life is so much worse. Before when I wasnt aware of it, I just thought I was shy or in my shell and different. Now I think Im crazy. Just today I passed a house down my block, the door slammed and I jumped like a mad woman. I cant take it anymore, the counselors say they will see me when they are ready, yet they havent called me back in weeks. My school is crap and I just hate going there. The first semester was tolerable but now I cant bare to get up in the morning. My parents forced me into college to do the major they expect me to do. Im not even excited about school or life because my whole life is just school. i go to school then come back home. I avoid everyone and I just hate here. I dont belong here.

2. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Sounds very similar to me :sad:. I wouldn't be that surprised if I don't make it through next year. I don't really know what words of comfort or advice I can say because I'm struggling with the same thing, but I guess just to remember that you're not alone - there are others that feel like this too :(. Keep Safe.

3. melosine

melosine Active Member

I was really hoping for some help here at least , but thanks for reading and I know Im not alone. I always felt that I was the only one who had to deal with this. Although I still feel discouraged, I hope we both make it.

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I have found several effective ways to reduce my anxiety (which I was a prisoner to for years)...exercise, eating very carefully-certain foods like ginger and garlic had a positive effect, meditating-could not wrap my mind around this at first, but today, it is amazing how deeply I can meditate (someone accidently rolled over my toe with his chair and I did not feel it)...medication- I was Rx'd a small dose of Lexapro which seemed to reconstruct my brain chemicals and now I have little to no anxiety...talk therapy-I am preshrunk and it has made quite a difference in my life...hope any one of these suggestions felt doable for you...I have also found that I cannot reject something just because it sounded Oprah-like...all the best, J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.