I quite my job

Callousgirl

Semper Occultus
I called my boss today, and I quite my job today. I was to be back to work on Monday after my two week vacation. Yes, it is not a smart idea to quite a job making $120,000 a year -- but I just need to withdraw more from society. My boss is not happy that I am resigning from the company. In fact, she is begging me to stay on with the company. Getting calls from my coworkers asking me to to stay with the company. I will report to my office on Monday, write up my resignation letter, and get my personal stuff. I have not been a big personal spender, as i really never spent more than $40,000 a year to live. I have enough money to get around for a few years. Was planning to use this money for my retirement. I am thinking of selling the house, move to a rural small state, and find a small and safe place to be alone. For months, I have been making one stupid error after another. The fact is, I am so deeply alone, so alone, that anything to get human warmth and comfort is just making me make stupid actions. There is no forgiveness for my crimes. I want to fully apologies to all the members of this community. My guilt is self evident. I am alone, and my guilt is to be alone.

Were all together

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
What crimes? You're resigning a 120,000yr job because you feel guilty? The purpose of recovering is not making the same mistakes as the past. You must be willing to help yourself before you can get better.

JDot

remember to drink plenty of water
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I get the sense that you might be jumping on this quitting idea too soon. I would take some time think about it before doing something permanent. You don't want to do something you might regret.

((((((Callie))))) *console So why exactly are you quitting? You don't mention that you don't like the job. Everyone makes errors. Believe me, a lot of people would kill for a job that makes $120,000 a year.

And what are your crimes? Why do you need to withdraw from society? Believe me, sister, I have made 1000x of stupid errors, both socially and professionally. You have done nothing wrong

I just hope you are not doing something you will really regret.

CallousGirl...at least you have options and finances to give yourself another chance at life. Not everyone is that lucky.

Since you mention selling your house, perhaps you could find a housing alternative. There are people living in "tiny houses" who live frugally and are enjoying an independent lifestyle. Some people buy used park model homes - some are even fully furnished, because the previous owners left - and live year 'round in RV parks in states like California or Florida. And some will do cool things like buy used Airstreams and renovate them - there are some awesome examples on Youtube. Some can even be equipped to function "off-grid" (they have solar panels etc.).

Anyway, perhaps you just need a major change of scene. Perhaps travelling a bit would help. Take care and I wish you the best in whatever choice you make.

Callousgirl

Semper Occultus
((((((Callie))))) *console So why exactly are you quitting? You don't mention that you don't like the job. Everyone makes errors. Believe me, a lot of people would kill for a job that makes $120,000 a year.

And what are your crimes? Why do you need to withdraw from society? Believe me, sister, I have made 1000x of stupid errors, both socially and professionally. You have done nothing wrong

I just hope you are not doing something you will really regret.
@Lady Wolfshead @Auri

Well, I went to the store and got men's hair shaver and shaved my head bold today. It is strange looking being bold. Were my hair was it is pure white as I have never had a tan there before. Skin feels different then the rest of my skin on my head. Have been thinking of going to prison and get three meals a day, and free housing, and full healthcare and it is all free. They will have a mental health staff on call. American prisons, the dumping ground for the mentally ill. Reason I am bold, if I am in jail, you only get a shower once a week on average. My hair gets oily and becomes a mess if I do not shower in 48 hours. That is the reason I am bold now.

I really liked my job, and people really liked working with me. It just got to be, the more I interacted with people, the more I felt alone.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I don't understand your decisions though. Do you think they will make you feel any better? :(

@Lady Wolfshead @Auri

Well, I went to the store and got men's hair shaver and shaved my head bold today. It is strange looking being bold. Were my hair was it is pure white as I have never had a tan there before. Skin feels different then the rest of my skin on my head. Have been thinking of going to prison and get three meals a day, and free housing, and full healthcare and it is all free. They will have a mental health staff on call. American prisons, the dumping ground for the mentally ill. Reason I am bold, if I am in jail, you only get a shower once a week on average. My hair gets oily and becomes a mess if I do not shower in 48 hours. That is the reason I am bold now.

I really liked my job, and people really liked working with me. It just got to be, the more I interacted with people, the more I felt alone.
I think you should read The Power of Now, by Ekhart Tolle and/or Care of the Soul by Thomas More

The solution to loneliness is to be your own best friend and to love yourself. A pet can help, too. Meditate. Do yoga.

p.s. I responded in your prison thread to this idea. I think it is a bad idea.

Mymindsmine

@Lady Wolfshead @Auri

I think you should read The Power of Now, by Ekhart Tolle and/or Care of the Soul by Thomas More

The solution to loneliness is to be your own best friend and to love yourself. A pet can help, too. Meditate. Do yoga.
That is the most incredible book I’m reading and doing the you tube listening.

Mymindsmine

@Lady Wolfshead @Auri

So I bought my self a dog and have now have freedom in my thinking. To give better understanding to my mind and my thoughts . Especially what I think people think of me. I’m free to now not care . It’s been liberating xx

Mymindsmine

I quite my $180 job and now I’m on $30 and I’m happier than ever . Helping and supporting young people with autism my soul is filled with joy and worth more than any money I had before . There are only so many cars and shoe that we try to fill the soul when really just simply living a kind simple life helping others is more money reward than any Gucci or Louis cotton handbag.

Mymindsmine

Just because you earn loads doesn t mean it’s fulfilling . Others may thing that wow that’s amazing to earn so well but it’s lonely . Look this week at Melinda gates with millions and millions and she lives a simple
Life and has simply used her wealth to wipe out polio from the world.she says she teaches her kids simple lives lessons and gives so much of her money away as it doesn’t give her joy to be rich.

@Lady Wolfshead @Auri

You...shaved your head?

I call shenanigans.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$120.00
Goal
$255.00