I really am a mess...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by SaraRose, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

Here I have the possibility to do something fun, and now I'm panicking over having to do it. I agreed to do a show that a co-worker is putting on. And it sounds fun. I'd love to do it. Really I would. But now I have anxiety attacks over it. I don't know what else to do. I can't just up and cancel- I KNOW everyone will say I chickened out and while it's true I don't needa have people at work saying that to me.

I'm sitting here wanting to cry while trying to decide what to do. Do I go for it, freak out and wish I was dead while doing it. Or do I chicken out and run away from it? >_< I have NO ONE to talk to about it. My family will just tell me that I needa grow up and grow a backbone. My friends will do their "Aw I bet you would be perfect!" and never really help me. And my co-workers are the ones I'm trying to keep from letting know.

I am just so freakin torn!
  2. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

I think you should do it... Wouldn't it be a good way to challenge yourself and your anxiety?
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

This could go both ways.. 1) you could go for it and have a panic attack or 2) You can go for it and have fun and surprise yourself..Only you know if you can go for it..Keep posting here and get the support you need..You sound like you want to do it.. So why don't you attend some rehearsals and see how you feel..Good luck!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.