I really cant lose her im staying for her why cant she see that

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by thowra, Aug 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thowra

thowra Member

howdy everyone

urrm i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice

Well my sister had a bit of an eating disorder wen she was younger like when she was 14 she didnt ever eat and she exercised all the time she got very introverted

but she got better luckily for a few years

but

its happening again not so fast this time but she doesnet eat all week apart from two days a week where she binges obsessively

she is very conscious of her weight and often obsesses and gets depressed

i am doing EVERYTHING i can to hel her

but what she doesent know is that i have been well suffering from depresson i spose

I WAS GOING TO KILL MYSELF BUT IJUST THORT WOT WUD SHE DU TU HERSELF THEN

so im staying FOR HER

and it pisses me off wen she moans abowt how awful she feels

BECAUS I SPEND EVERYDAYY FOR HER SHES MY BEST FRIEND SHES MY SISTER I LOVE HER WHAT ELSE CAN I DO FOR HER

ugh

anyway any advice as tu wot i can du i cant tell my mum or dad because thell just panic and b hurt and not helo AT ALL

i cant confront her becuse i alredii tried that and she got realii upset

any advice

2. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

you can't be her sole source of support even if you were feeling emotionally well yourself.She needs professional help,and you need counseling too.If she is already,then I hope you get into counseling for your sake..so you have an outlet of your own.It is very kind of you to try to be there for her..but be kind to yourself too.You can't help others if you are not helping yourself first.

3. homelessmk

homelessmk Active Member

i think it's so great that you're such a good friend... but in the end, i really think that you have to be living for yourself, if that makes sense. you can't live for her, because she isn't perfect. she is going to let you down. maybe she's busy one day, you can't just go and off yourself if she misses a phone call or something.... i agree with what ashes_away said. you can't help others if you're not helping yourself first. it's admirable that you want to help her so bad... but maybe you should consider getting help yourself first and then you can try more to help her. i mean, don't give up on her yet. maybe you two could go talk to someone together?

4. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

I see that you are in Norfolk. Have you ever spoken to beat? They are so fantastic and helped me a lot when I was in trouble. The youth line number for under 18s is 0845 634 7650. I doubt your sister is happy being the way she is, but that doesn’t mean that she is yet ready to change and get healthy again. All I can say is that don’t put too much pressure on her to get well; it might make her feel even more isolated, but perhaps give her the number and tell her that it might be good for her to talk to someone who understands what she's going though.

take care and stay safe

Rose

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.