I really do hate this world

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by SillyOldBear, Aug 8, 2015.

1. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

I really do hate this world. Rush, rush, rush. New technology everyday. Money being the most vital component. I long for the world without cell phones, without computers, without cable tv, without cars that can do everything but drive for you (and that is coming soon). It was so much simpler then. Did not need a new phone or pc every year. Did not spend a hundred plus dollars on tennis shoes. Did not have to function at high speed all the time. Did not spend a fortune on monthly cell phone and internet bills. Read real paper books, not these electronic things. Yes, I am old (63) and protesting.

Last week stunk. Anxiety issues every day. Thank goodness there was no out and out panic attack. Gastroenterologist did not have time to talk. No doctor does these days. Just said have more fiber and a colonoscopy. Will do the colonoscopy on 9/18. Have had some rectal bleeding, but mostly just pain. They say its IBS. And it probably is. But am starting exercises again for surgical adhesions. Getting old sucks more then this world does. I sometimes think we should all be programmed to die at 50. Would certainly limit the pains and expenses of living. And, at my age, I only expect them to get worse. Probably would off myself if there was a pain free, guaranteed way to do it.

Thanks to all who read this.

2. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

I've come to hate the world too as I have such a hard time functioning in it since my illness started. I had a good life before so didn't mind it, but now I feel overwhelmed by society and I hate it.

3. SillyOldBear

I understand AAA. My best times are when I am secure in my home. ALONE. Ignoring the telephone and the doorbell.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am only 26 so I have grown up with technology getting faster sooner. Had a mobile phone at 12 and to be honest I hated it. Life would be so much simpler without technology although some would argue that it's easier. I miss writing real letters to pen pals as a kid. That was so much fun. I feel your pain Hun, I hope your examinations go well,keep us updated.

5. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I feel so much that same as you. I'm 26 like Lynn. Maybe this means there is hope yet? *hugs*

6. SillyOldBear

I watched my parents age and struggle with new technology. They hated it too. I swore I wouldn't. Guess I am very much like my parents. But that's okay. They were good people.

7. danni

danni Chat Buddy

I can understand i'm 26 I didn't have a cell phone till I was 17. And now I see 6 years old that have a iPhone. It's insane how technology is when I was in highschool (before I had a cellphone) I would pass notes in school to my friends. Technology ruined my friends relationship . The guy would always text her through out the day and when he got home they had nothing to talk about. I went to hang out with a friend but they were in to the phone that kinda ignore me. It sucks there pro and con about it :hug:

8. CGMAngel

CGMAngel Well-Known Member

Bear - I completely agree with everything you said. For most people over the age of about 50, the best years are in the past. So growing old must simply be some kind of cosmic joke. (Although I don't see anyone laughing.)

9. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

It's just too messed up in this country of USA

10. SillyOldBear

Wonderful old movie, probably from the 70's was called Logan's Run. Get it and watch it if you can. They offed everyone when they turned 30. Now that is probably a bit too young. But they were on the right track. And it is a great movie.

Agreed Drowned Fish. The USA is way too messed up.

11. shania

shania Well-Known Member

It's not just America that's messed up, it's the whole world...

I hope this week goes better for you, SillyOldBear :hug: