I Really Hate Being Alone

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Godsdrummer, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

People are not meant to be alone. We are social beings.

Yet with the exception of my part time job and the rare occasions when I get to see my kids, I spend all of my time alone. I feel like I have been banished. I find myself able to relate to the Tom Hanks character in the movie, Cast Away.

I go thru my dreary days. And everyday it's the same. Get Up around 440ish in the morning. Take a shower, get dressed, make my lunch, go to work.
    Work, eat lunch, work some more, go home. Drink and play video games or watch TV, maybe eat a little dinner and go to bed.

Oh but tonight, I get to do laundry. :blink:

I just can't stand being alone.

2. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

That sounds life my life, except I don't have any kids. I may have to draw a smiley face on the wall so I have someone to talk to.

3. stinkymouse

stinkymouse Well-Known Member

I spend 85% of my time alone since i had my mental breakdown and often go though days without seeing anyone apart from when i go shopping,i often drink just to make the day go quicker,or spend alot ofthe time in bed sleeping,its no way to live and it makes my depression worse.....
    i feel for you buddy.

4. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

yes we are social creatures....

my children are so busy, and as they get older, 'mom' is less important and becomes an event organizer and taxi driver. that is natural, and i still love every minute of that part of my life.

and...the girlfriends i have, are amazing. when i am back home, in the process of moving right now, i am not so isolated. and everyone speaks english which helps immensely, :rolleyes: , but at the end of our lunch dates or antique-prowling, they go home to their husbands and i will be alone.

i think most everyone wants more in life than work/dinner/chores/going to bed alone - and doing it all again the next morning.

but i believe we always have hope of finding someone we can love and share our life with - it's never too late - and it's nearly always unexpected.

5. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

I relate with you entirely. In a strange way I feel less lonely knowing others can relate, if that makes sense :p

6. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

At least you have not lost your sarcastic sense of humor! Hope the laundry shook things up a bit for you.

But seriously, being alone is the one thing that drives me absolutely mad. I often feel like what is the point in living if I am going to spend it alone. I am just not that entertaining!

Hang in there and keep talking.

7. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Thanks everyone! Perhaps there is solice in knowing that while we are alone individually, collectively we are together.

I have had some crazy ideas on how to build friendships here....but some of them are Waaaaaayyyyyyyy out there.

Anyway, I have started going back to my AA meetings. Albeit somewhat reluctantly...so at least I get an hour a night when I am not alone.

8. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Way to go, thats an excellent start! :) At leas you haven't despair to the point of soticism. You're still moving forward: as such, you're bound to dig yourself out.

Who knows? You may make some friends there :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.