• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

I really need to talk to someone about my parents

Hi. I’m not sure if I’m in the right place to be asking about this. But I really need to talk to someone about the way my parents treat me. I have reason to believe it might be verbal or emotional abuse and I don’t know what to do. Plz help.

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I'm sorry things are so hard. It sounds like a pretty tough relationship. I don't know if it's abusive necessarily. A lot of parental relationships are *unhealthy* without being abusive. But I can understand why it upsets you.

Do you have another adult in your life you can talk to? An aunt or uncle, or a teacher you trust?

I'm sorry things are so hard. It sounds like a pretty tough relationship. I don't know if it's abusive necessarily. A lot of parental relationships are *unhealthy* without being abusive. But I can understand why it upsets you.

Do you have another adult in your life you can talk to? An aunt or uncle, or a teacher you trust?
I have an appointment scheduled with my school mental health counselor to go over it.

MosesY

Functioning Alcoholic
SF Supporter
I think it is great that you are going to a school counselor. I was mentally abused as a child and i would do things differently if I could relive those years. My mother was a good mother but my father was terrible. One thing I have come to understand is that he was that way because of the way his parents treated him. He didn't know any better. THat is no excuse for his behavior. I forgave him in my later years and we had a good relationship. I stopped in there every Friday afternoon and had a cup of coffee with them. I miss those days; they are no longer alive. If I could do it over again I would forgive my father right away and rise above the situation. Instead of hating him I would understand that there is something wrong with the way he thinks and he doesn't realize it. I would find ways to feel good about myself in spite of what he tells me.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00