I relapsed...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Amanda, May 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

I relapsed... I had over 100 days free of self harm but then on Saturday May 16th I self harmed again. Not bad enough to go to the hospital, but bad enough that I was feeling pretty awful for much of the day. I dont know why I did it, I just dont know, but I did it and Im ashamed of it. I wish it hadnt of happened. Its also caused me to have to restart my clean/sober time again. :(

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Amanda you slipped up that is all You are human ok and sometimes pressures in life build up and we fall but it is the getting back up again that makes us strong. No need to be ashamed you have done so well in coping with your emotions NO ONE can take those 100 days away from you that you accomplished so be proud of YOU ok not ashamed I am so proud of you for all you have accomplished and will accomplish You are strong hun but you are human so don't be so hard on yourself hugs

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Amanda, sweetheart! I am so sorry this happened but you must remain positive, its just a blip on the road to recovery. I think you are an amazing person and amazing friend, you can do this!! :hug: If you need to talk im all ears!

4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, so sorry to hear what happened. Do not think you have failed but just think it's a like blip, like the others say. Let me tell you something that I breakdown and then cry every moment. I get myself up and restart the living process. Sometimes, it's hard but we are here for YOU. I know it's hard but be strong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.