I Remember Why I Dread Christmas

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Godsdrummer, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I am a spiritual guy, I suppose. I believe in God and the Devil. I dont know how I could be a praise band drummer for 3 years and not believe in those things.

In 2008 when my alcoholism, came to a head, and my wife left me and filed for divorce, (we have since reunited), that Christmas Day I spent alone in a studio apartment, crying harder than I had ever cried in my life.

In 2009 after we got back together, that Christmas, my wife hit a pedestrian with her car.

In 2010 on Christmas Eve, my father died.

This year, 2011 so far, my wife's car was repoed, my pc died, and we got notice that a certified letter is coming to my wife today. Probably a collection agency filing lawsuit against us. And we have 12 days to go before Christmas.

I dont know why, but from a spiritual perspective, it seems like the enemy really tries to get me and my family, this time of year.

So that is why I dread Christmas....I grow tired of fighting with the enemy.
  2. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Friend and Antiquities Friend Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I am sorry for these troubles. I too dread Christmas for my own reasons.

I just wanted to post to let you know you are not alone, not at all.

We are here for you.

3. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Thanks, Tex.
    Thing is, my Pastor is preaching thru a series, called, Put the Carol back in Christmas...and he talks about what causes people to not feel love or joy at Christmas. It fits exactly with what I am going thru.
  4. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Friend and Antiquities Friend Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I understand. I haven't been to church in a while myself, but I do know what its like to hear those sermons and go "oh wow, thats me"

Keep on keeping on friend.
  5. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Sometimes I wonder if I gave up my faith, would the devil leave me and my family alone?
  6. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

I think faith is more about who you are inside, not so much about the way you deal with things or how things come at you. Lifes still a choice no matter how it goes, with or without a specific faith. Finding or giving up on faith isn't going to really change the reality of things, but having faith might help how you see and choose to deal with those things.

Idk, I don't look at life how you do, but leaving a faith has to come from a different approach. You questioning leaving your faith to stop the devil is a contradiction since your faith projects the presence of the devil. So if you left your faith, youd be leaving your beliefe in the devil.
    Narh, don't leave your faith if it gives you internal stability. Life will still be life regardless, but it's how you choose to see it that.

Sorry to hear things are going very shitty, but rejoice in the fact that you have eachother :) There's the most precious of things in the most simple of things
  7. HawthornePassage

HawthornePassage Well-Known Member

its not the devil, in my opinion. the enemy is our own humanity. I think that what was 'really' meant by hell is earth, and that heaven is somewhere away from earth. the reality is that this world is mostly negative, as much as we try to BS ourselves otherwise.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.