I saved a life, God saved her soul

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by alivenkc, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alivenkc

alivenkc Member

Wondering if there are others here who have saved a life, or brought someone back? I mean found someone dead, no pulse or breathing and through CPR and prayer brought them back. The quick of it is I found my wife hanging, dead. CPR brought her back. When there is talk of 'attempted' suicide, I say she succeded, there was no doubt. She was hanging dead. A lot of CPR brought her back and then in the hospital the Dr's said she had too much brain damage, she would probably be on machines just to keep her alive. Prayer for hours changed that. I talked to my God and asked for his help. He answered and today she is alive and well.

Anyone else like me?
  2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I have never experience that.
  3. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

is your wife happy though?
  4. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Banned Member

as a first aider i have only had to do CPR on a human being once, she was lucky to have survived. she had a massive heart attack and we were doing CPR in turns for about an hour (waiting for the air ambulance).

we felt so amazing afterwards when we found that her odds of surviving that long with us pumping her heart were very slim. sadly, she died in a car accident 3 weeks later. funnily enough it was another heart attack whilst driving...
  5. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

When I was 10 me and a mate were out bodyboarding on a beach when we noticed we were about 30 metres further out than we should be. A rip had taken us out, and was dragging us further out. We started panicking, and splashing about in the water. It was at this point my friend told me he couldn't swim. Whether this was true or not I'm still not sure, he was in the water after all. Being 10 I didn't know anything of rips or how to get out of them, so I just started swimming against it. I looked back and saw my mate was going farther out, so I turned back and got him to hold on to my leg, and I swam against the rip all the way back to shore, with my mate in tow. I still remember over 10 years later the point in my mind while I was out there when I realised that nobody was coming to save us, so I had better save myself. I felt an immense boost of adrenaline, which gave me the strength to swim back to shore. If I had spent my time praying to God, I would be dead (and burning in hell, according to Christian belief)
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2009
  6. Zoe

Zoe Well-Known Member

My word, alivenkc :eek:hmy:

I've never saved a soul by CPR, but I had my own saved by my father when I almost drowned, aged 5/6.
  7. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Have saved a few being a cardiac tech and nurse but the two most dramatic :
    One was a guy in the street who's sternum I cracked trying to revive him (he came back but later died from another massive coronary. :(
    And the other was a tramp who had vomitted and asperated YUCK..to this day I don't know how I gave him mouth to mouth (full of fleas, filthy and a throat full of vomit :puke: but I got him back and he was fine :D
  8. alivenkc

alivenkc Member

Yes, my wife is ok now. The background is that she lost her only birth son to suicide by hanging 3 years ago. The loss and pain turned out to be too much. So she did the same, thinking if he did it she could too. It was about an hour after we went to bed, she got up went out to the shed and hung herself. I awoke, found her gone and went looking. She was hanging dead... What I did is in my first post above. While she was 'gone', she says she visited her son in heaven. He told her he was ok, and to go back. When I went to tell her friends ( her supervisor and a co-worker) 3 days later, her co-worker said she had a dream that my wife had went to visit her son and he told her he was ok......

So things are good now, my wife has no suicide thoughts, she knows her son is ok and waiting.

I am a little confused myself, I visit the forums, POS, SOS, etc. and read about, stopping someone from suicide, being a parent of a suicide, etc. but not much I can relate to as far as what I feel in that my wife did succeed in her suicide attempt, true she is not dead now, but we both feel she was for a time.

My CPR saved her life and got her back alive. It was about 8 hours after she was at the hospital, and several Dr's telling me there was no hope, too much brain damage that she started to come back. I prayed alot to our God in those 8 hours. One almost constantly "dear god, please help my baby" must have been a thousand times. When the Dr's were telling me there was no hope, at times I thought I made a mistake if she was only going to be able to live on machines. Then when I thought it was going to be that way, I felt her squeeze my hand. At that time I knew if all I ever had the rest of my life was for when I said I love you and she could squeeze my hand that it was ok. She came back more and more daily, almost 100% within 2 weeks, and now a year later, back where she was but better in her own thoughts.

So I am not sure where exactly I fit in to all of 'groups' associated with suicide. Seems I went through so much more than most, but now since she has lived and things are good that what happened and what I did are almost 'forgotten'....

make any sense to anyone else what I am saying?
  9. TaraB3ar

TaraB3ar Well-Known Member

Yes I can kind of understand what you are saying. Even though i did not personally save my parents myself God definitely sent me a message to save them. My mom OD'd when I was at my fathers house, there was no reason for me to go home, I should have been on my way to school. But i just had this really strong feeling and kept insisting that I needed to go home, so my dad took me home where I found my mom. She was an inch from death and had I gone to school she would have been dead when I went home...Then with my dad, he called me at 3 in the morning with a gun to his head and left me a voicemail saying goodbye. I am a really deep sleeper and did not hear my phone but I just happened to wake up and listened to his message, then fortunately was able talk him out of it. It was definitely God's intervention that saved my parents.

And I know what you mean when you said that because she is now fine and doing better its like what you went through is forgotten. My parents never talk about their attempts, ever. But I have not forgotten, it will live with me the rest of my life. And while I am so grateful that they are doing better now, its not fair that I spent half of my childhood taking care of and worrying about them and they just want to act like it never happened. it did happen.
  10. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Powerful Testimony Alivenkc.
  11. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

I can relate to you alivenkc as I lost my only child (daughter) over 2 years ago, and I so want to join her. Have tried several times to get to her. Ended up in hospital once, and the CAT team visited and told me I wasn't depressed and nothing they could do to help me.

About 4 days ago, a guy in my group had a severe motorcycle accident I was first to find him down an embankment he landed on his head and I had to adjust him, so he would have better chance at survival, as he had laboured breathing. He is still in induced coma. We waiting over 30mins for an ambulance, he was taken away in a chopper.

Lately at work whenever someone has a nasty word or embarrases me I start crying someone told me to toughen up, so I feel I am too sensitive for this world.
  12. pisces

pisces New Member & Antiquities Friend

I have saved lives in my job,it went with the territory so to speak, unfortunately whern it came to my brother i could not,i let him down, i went to bed and didnt hear him get up
  13. alivenkc

alivenkc Member

Hard to be tough when you are human.... We just keep moving forward. I am in my own place that seems really strange. My wife was dead, I brought her back with cpr, then at the hospital, she was brain dead, the Dr, said there wasn't much hope, then my prayers were answered, and she is back. Wonder every day if I did the right thing, her prayers were to be with a lost son. So now things are up and down.... My birthday was the 13th... so good, but his deathday was the 15th. It's so hard sometimes.
  14. herryjame

herryjame New Member

Hello Alivenkc.
    I have no expirience like you. But your wife would be happy now ,after saving her life. that was great thing that you love your wife too much.
    Thanks for sharing.
  15. pileofgarbage

pileofgarbage Member

<Mod Edit: IrishDoll,Insulting> I hate reading the smug satisfaction of normals who "rescue" suicides in progress. Don't you understand how difficult it is to get yourself that close to success?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2010
  16. molotov

molotov Well-Known Member

i've never saved anyone from suicide, no. i found my sister in a diabetic coma once when i was in high school, and i tested her blood sugar and gave her a glucose injection and called our parents. it kind of made up for the time i saw her asleep in her room and didn't realize she was in a coma and went out with my friends. so i am a decent sister and a horrible sister i guess.
  17. warrabinda

warrabinda Well-Known Member

my deepest sympathies for your story and also ....me too :hugtackles:

OP, very powerful story.
  18. 41021

41021 Banned Member

MOLOTOV!!!!!! ********HUGS********** LOTS and lots and lots and lots and tons and tons and tons and tons of ****HUGS***** for you!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.