I saw this movie "The Bridge" today...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Summer.Rain, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

The people who jumping off this bridge look so peaseful
    I wish i could be one of them
    Im such a worthless looser!

2. Tree1055

Tree1055 Member

sounds gruesome, but i know what its like. just think of it like i do, which helps me, i don't know about you. your a f***ing supreme person.

S U P R E M E ! !

everytime I think that, coping sorta comes back easier to me. why the heck would you throw yourself away when you are supreme? iuno if that helps or not, but it's worked miracles for me when i'm at the threshhold.

3. music_addict

music_addict Well-Known Member

Ive seen that as well. It really hit home because I live in San Francisco and that is my method of choice. I cant think of anything better than my last view being the beautiful bay and the city where my heart will always be.
    Although, if you saw it youll remember the interview with the guy that survivied the jump. He saids that as soon as his feet left the rail he instantly regreted it. he realized that every problem in his life was solvavble ecept for the fact that he just jumped off the bridge.
    just my two cents. if it makes anysense.

4. Summer.Rain

Thx for the replys guys
    But...
    1. Im not a supream person (actualy im really a wrothless creature)
    2. The guys that "regret" the jump, maybe a good thought jumped into
    his head, maybe he rememberd something positive...
    I have no such memoryes, and i have no feauture, thats why i wount regret.

Anyways great movie, i liked this guy who dress up all in black
    he is somewhat like me, long black hair, black clothes, we also
    have a similar life, yet he had freands, i dont have any...
    The way he jumped, i felt like i was there, i wish i could be there and
    do the same..

5. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Yeah, ive seen the movie... Its great, I want to go there... But I wonder... how can you be sure that you will die when there is water down there?

6. Summer.Rain

you cant be sure, like wish any other metods there is no 100%
    but i can try u know..

7. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I've seen this movie too. It's an amazing movie. But there's no way I'd jump off anything. I'm really afraid of heights so the movie was more of just an interesting thing that is related to suicide for me.

8. Tree1055

Tree1055 Member

iuno, i wouldnt jump off a bridge. creeps me out. more or less its the water for me

9. anonymousguy

anonymousguy Member

I don't think I can watch this film. Although I've imagined my own death thousands of times it always disturbs me to watch people die. Also noteworthy, I imagine this particular method of suicide is probably pretty painful. If the water is choppy and your body hits the water perpendicularly the impact probably wouldn't kill you and you'd die by drowning. As for the guy who jumped and lived to tell that he regretted it the moment his feet left the bar, that's pretty interesting. He realized his life's problems were solvable the moment his feet left the bar, but couldn't figure that out beforehand? It's an interesting time to have a revelation of that magnitude.

10. livingonlight

livingonlight Active Member

Maybe he knew somehow that he would live and that is why he regreted it. I'm sure everybody regrets it when they are still alive but, when you pass I don't think there are any regrets.

It would be horrible to ruin your body and still be alive.

11. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I grew up and find myself again in a city on the Long Island Sound. I want my life to end here. I also want a peaceful death. I don't want the people who love me to have the additional trauma of a mental image of my last moments in terror falling a great height and causing horrific damage to my body.

12. Kimi

Kimi Well-Known Member

I saw the trailer of this film before. After reading this post, I searched on the YouTube and saw several videos and part of this film.. I found so many links of suicide videos.. I watched a few but couldn't see some of them as it seemed gruesome to watch..

A man who jumped off from the Golden Gate was alive and was rescued. I tried to jump off from the bridge but different place.. I know the feeling when climbed up the edge of bridge and seeing the below... How feel so alone...

Every time I imagine me committing suicide, I feel peaceful as I will be free from this devastated and miserable every minutes...

I don't know if I regret ending my life.. But imagining my last day, I feel bitterness thinking about a person who will continue his happy miracle life even he shuttered whole my life didn't treat me as a human.. and lead me to commit suicide...

I wish I wasn't born...

13. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw the movie last week and didn't feel shunned or uneasy......\

even when the Hines guy described what if felt like to hit the water, it didn't phase me. This numbing feeling is quite a shield.

I thought the family of the schizophrenic girl was rather insensitive.......it pissed me off that they seemed to imply she was "different" or crazy......didn't care for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.