I see myself as pathetic... I'm sure others feel the same.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Malnourished, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malnourished

Malnourished New Member

I'm nineteen years old, my mother treats me like I'm twelve. She's threatened to hit me a few times, although she only did it once. I've got two friends who I rarely see, and even they see me as a joke. Everyone that I bother to talk to doesn't show any form of respect toward me, but I feel that I don't deserve it anyway.

I've never had a girlfriend, although I have liked two girls... They appeared to like me back, but I was too much of a coward to actually ask either of them out. Of course, the only girl I've finally managed to confess my love to is a girl online, who I've seen pictures of and have heard her voice to confirm she's a girl, not just some creepy man. She's about the only good thing in my life, and I know how pathetic that is. She once said that it would be better for both of us if we no longer spoke, but decided against it.

I play games to distract myself from my crappy reality, but I can't stay on them all the time... I get yelled at if I do stay on for too long. So yeah... I honestly can't think of anyone more pathetic than myself. I have to walk everywhere because I never got around to taking my driving test, but I honestly can't picture myself driving anyway. I've got to go to school now... I'll check on this topic later, I guess.

I'm not sure what I'm thinking posting this, but it felt a little good to get this all out... Another distraction is the internet, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2007
  2. numberman

numberman Well-Known Member

You are too young to feel this way. I'm sure you don't have a crappy existence if you think it through.Of course you deserve respect , which you will get here, you should never think otherwise.

Are you going to go to college following school/do a course? You've got your whole life ahead of you

Remember that nobody can be friends with everyone, get a few good friends and get out and about and you'll find things more bearable.Do your driving test so you can have more freedom

Listen to your fave music..try to stay away from your PC and interact with real people more

Stay cool,stay safe

3. cayzira

cayzira Well-Known Member

"You are too young to feel this way"

Not sure if I agree with you on that. Depression can develop at any age, you can not be "too young" to be depressed.

Malnourished, I know exactly how you feel, I have been through a lot of similar stuff. So waht if you don't have too many friends and they see you as a "joke", do their oppinions really matter? What gives them the right to judge you?

Try not to worry about not having a Girlfriend, after all your 19. The odds are, that someone you find at that age will not be a life long partner. If you want girls to like you, you have to start liking YOURSELF first, once your happy with you, they will be too.

Take care of yourself

4. Malnourished

Malnourished New Member

Heh. Thanks. I'm not in a bad mood at the moment, but it goes off and on. I'm not sure if anything really triggers it or anything, but it's good to know I can come here and get support when I'm not in the best of moods. Thanks.

5. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

Your story is not too disimilar to mine.. i'm 19 as well. I've got my lisence but I can't drive because I don't have a job.

6. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

Your story is a lot like mine, I am 20, and I still have the maturity of a child, I'm extremely pathetic and a loser as well, without this forum, I'd think I was the only one of my kind on the planet, I know its not very helpful, your not alone though.

I'm a real mama's boy, I can't ever believe I'm fucking 20 years old when I still am a child inside, I haven't matured nearly enough and am not ready for the the real world, god I never will be. Damn my fucking parents for not having raised me right. Sigh....

7. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I wish people who stop hating themselves.
    I dont hate myself
    I once heard somewhere that it's best to blame others, best to hate others, when you start hating yourself that's when things get bad. So I've lived by that....

Hate your mum for abusing you. I'm sure you're a good person and the moment you realise that is when you will be able to live a little better...

8. I am 21 and had somewhat the same sitituation.

I've been gaming since I was 13 to get away. I never had any girlfriends.

And I hate myself to an extreme. I was abused verabally and slapped a few times.

Its amazing how I still go on. And sometimes things to get better...sometimes.

9. Nessarose

Nessarose Well-Known Member

I'm twenty, never had a boyfriend, don't even have my driver's permit, and dropped my college classes due to mental issues and back pain. I quit my job because of back pain. I have no insurance but applied for Kaiser; hopefully I'll get it.

Everything exhausts me. I'm hopeless and helpless and have no motivation. My old friends are so much further in life. I'm pathetic and useless and disgusting beyond belief. Reclusive, lazy, stupid, reluctant to commit to anything (even simple online commitments). Above all my depraved heart and mind disgust me.

Don't beat yourself up; you sound like a nice person. Try to focus on what you've accomplished, and the people who make you happy.

If it weren't for my depravity, I wouldn't be nearly so suicidal...I hope not anyway.

10. missdiana86

missdiana86 Active Member

i'm 21..have a boy friend who i know 10 months...10 months of chat online...i spent only 3 weekends with him in real life...best days in my life...best guy i've ever met...but we have to stay apart for at least 2 years while i finish my studies here...and then what?nobody knows..he wanna date with me which is reasonable and stuff but it's technically impossible - i live in another country and won't be able to live in same city as he does to date with him like other people do..can't even have normal relashionship..mom still lays her hand upon me sometimes when she 's really angry..and thinks i'm not capable of making a decision of my own...:blink: getting really little attention from my bf it seems to me there's sth wrong with me..trying to change my appearance coz subconciously i think i'm not good enough to be happy...:blink:

11. A Self Made Loser

A Self Made Loser Active Member

Everything exhausts me. I'm hopeless and helpless and have no motivation. My old friends are so much further in life. I'm pathetic and useless and disgusting beyond belief. Reclusive, lazy, stupid, reluctant to commit to anything (even simple online commitments). Above all my depraved heart and mind disgust me.

Nessarose you have summed me in the complete nutshell and the feelings I have for myself are perhaps very much the same as your own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.