i see no hope

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by georgeo10yal, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georgeo10yal

georgeo10yal Well-Known Member

people are always telling me to wait and good will come and i see all the good things happening to everyone around me...completly avoiding me...i see no point in continuing anymore...i almost did it last week and i feel like not trying anymore and just lying down and dying...idk what to do i feel like theres no hope for me...
  2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

can i ask you some questions? have you been diagnosed with depression? i ask because hopelessness is a common symptom and it sounds like you are feeling pretty hopeless right now. it is possible to heal from depression, it just takes some work and a bit of luck finding the right combo of meds. have you confided in your doctor about how low you are feeling? that might be a good first step. that way you can eliminate any physical conditions that mimic depression (thyroid problems being the main one). yr doc could also help you find other supports, adn a good doc will educate you about depression and help you along the way. let me know if you want tips on talking to your doctor, i was terrified the first time i brought up suicide with my family dr but in retrospect am so glad i did it.
  3. georgeo10yal

im 16...this has been happening since i was 6 for 10 years...i stopped taking my meds at age 12 cause they made it a ton worse ive been diagnosed with severe depression for years however ive always felt hopelessness nothing has changed in my life im getting sick of the same bullshit constantly i want it to end or something good to happen and i wish it would end already btw they had me on prozac if that matters
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

16 hun there are so many new meds out there with less side effects that do take away that sadness with help of your doctor you can find that peace you are looking for . You have a life time ahead of you to see changes to have positive things happen YOu can get therapy to help you feel better about you
    Don't give up now your life has just started so many opportunities waiting for you so many doors that will open. be patient okay get help and now and be stable for whatever the future brings hugs:hugtackles::hugtackles:
  5. Qube

Qube Well-Known Member

You are still just 16. This is the time for you to enjoy the things and enjoy the life. Take the things easy. I can totally understand your situation. You may feel that all wrong happens to you only. But it happens with all. All those people who have achieved success or are at high positions are those who never gave up despite of the unbearable hardships.

Even I have gone through immense pain and hardships. All do.

Just please dont give up.

We all love you.

Take care.
  6. kote

kote Account Closed

you are here and on this site which is big start.
    life can certainly be shitty much of the time, but its up to you and those best around you to help navigate the right path through. i too at 16 was suicidal and prozac did nothing for me. im 33 now and have had an amazing time and adventures. but it took work and possitive thinking to get through those hard days. by all means please seek help from where ever you can. i do and it does help when you find the right combination.
    but enough of the fluffy cloud speak. i feel that you are feeling shitty and nothing is going right. be bold and carve your own path. start a new hobby, get out and meet people who will feed you with possitive things and help you. life isnt easy, but it can be fun!!! i wish we could swap places and ive have all the chances you have ahead of you.
    BUT remember if you fall to pick yourself right back up and play harder!!!
    take care and find some fun in each day!!!
  7. georgeo10yal

i have a psycologist and a therapist neither are able to help me no matter what they say meds will make me kill myself ive tried so many kinds of meds you wouldnt believe it. life sucks people suck i fucking hate it all i dont want to be here anymore it fucking sucks i want to lay down and die
  8. total eclipse

If neither are able to help you then itis time to get new ones. oh i am with you now feeling the same emotions wanting release of this pain but i know logically that is depression taking over there is help there is please reachout and get it
    go to a new doctor a new therapist you are too young please your depression is so deep call crisis go to hospital okay please
  9. georgeo10yal

the therapist was recommended to me a couple of months ago ive been seeing the psycologist for many years hes always been able to help me but it seems like he cant help me now i only see him in crisis moments like now but he wasnt able to help idk i dont want to go to a hospital theyll put me into a home for problem children...it wouldnt be the first time either...
  10. total eclipse

You stay here then and talk to us we care Who will put you in a home for what being sad that is not right. You are allowed to be sad okay just don't harm yourself talk here okay let the sadness out here
  11. georgeo10yal

thats america for you if you seem abnormal thats how they treat you
  12. jeffbuddy

jeffbuddy Member

I say just keep trying to find things that you enjoy doing, but stay away from alcohol for it has ruined my life, haha.

I'm here for ya.
  13. georgeo10yal

no alcohol but benedryll sounds good right now lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.