• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

I see no other option

Sarah110

I have just found out that I lost my job, and have no other prospects. I can’t go through this again. I am too damaged to go on, and I don’t have the strength to keep going. I am horribly depressed, and don’t want to live. Again I didn’t sleep last night looking up ways to end it. I can’t go on. I don’t want too be a burden on anyone anymore.I cant take this pain anymore. I just wanted to thank those of you who have responded to my previous post. There is no light at the end of the tunnel for me anymore. I’m just done.

@Sarah110 Don’t do anything at the moment. Just stop. Your emotional brain has taken over and you need to get your logical brain to start working again. If you cant guarantee your safety dial 999. Or one of the suicide hotlines. Your safety is the singular most important thing at the moment. I promise, it won’t always feel like this. Keep talking to us. *hug Xx

My emotional brain has taken over that’s for sure. I just can’t take it anymore.
There are things you can do which will help to engage your logical brain. It is a physiological process because quite literally part of your brain has shut down. To gently wake it up try engaging your senses. Try smelling some nice scents, go for a walk, take a warm bath. These are all simple things but while you do them try to notice things around you.

This app has a really useful section which talks you through a walk.
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/better-app/id1464162942

I also find this app really useful when I reach that point. I listen to this on a very regular basis. Just held to calm me down.
https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/better-stop-suicide/id1451620546

Have strength. We’ve got you. *hugXx

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi @Sarah110

I really enjoyed our brief messaging last night and I thought you responded so kindly, you seem like such a good and kind hearted person that unfortunately is suffering greatly - I feel so bad for you right now reading that you lost your job. This is obviously a very difficult time for you but please if you do not feel safe do as @Holding my breath suggested. Alternatively if you need to speak to someone in general that you think would benefit you - call the Samaritans, freephone 116123. This may be a huge setback and of course making you feel distressed but does not have to be the end of anything.

I would like you to do one thing for me, please? You found out this news today and sometimes we can get caught up in the moment in our overwhelmed and sometimes thoughts of danger, what I ask is to please, sleep on it and see how you feel tomorrow, you might feel more optimistic and hopeful. Again, so sorry to hear of this setback.

Did you go ahead with the appointment today or perhaps its later? If so, I'd love to hear how it went, if its still to happen please go ahead with it and see how that progresses, in fact I logged on here just now to see how it went. No pressure at all. We are here for you, we will support you, you are not alone.

*sending supportive and friendly vibes your way from one peer to another* *hug

Sarah110

I just had the appointment. He referred me to the hospital for a counselor. He didn’t spend a lot of time on the phone with me, and was quick to get through the phone call. I feel like he didn’t take me seriously. I’m seriously in distress even after talking to him. You are so kind to check in on me. I’m sorry but I’m a mess and can’t offer much. I’m just trying to survive day by day. Your message meant a lot. So thank you.

I have just found out that I lost my job
I'm sorry this happened. That's the last thing you needed on top of everything else.

If you're in the US, you'll probably have extended unemployment benefits available to you. There might be other benefits or services as well.

Taking care of your health is properly the top priority. Not having a job is stressful, but you may be able to get sufficient support that you'll be ok until you can return to work later.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$180.00
Goal
$255.00