I see no point in life

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by supaplex, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supaplex

supaplex Member

Huh, hello to all. My first post here if anyone has time to read.:)

Anyway... I'm 23y-o at the moment and see absolutely nothing in life to be happy about. I have finished studies in uni, but the career opportunities in that area don't attract me at all. I'm quite emotional and sensitive and value the importance of empathic people around me. I can't stand physical or "simple jobs" (or like I call them - conveyer) at all, I get emotionally massively depressed quite quickly and have vowed never to experience these jobs again. Among more specialized stuff I haven't managed to get anywhere meaningful at the moment, including volunteer work abroad. I'm already hating writing all kinds of letters and filling questionnaires endlessly, I really feel I can't do it any more. Isn't there a simpler solution out?

I haven't had a girlfriend for a long time (5 yrs) and feel like I'm going to be lonely forever. I may call them or ask to go out (like hiking, which I personally enjoy a lot), but the reactions have always been rather cold so far. At the moment I'm forced to live at home and feel like I'm going to be dependant on parents forever. I don't get on at all especially with dad - his ability of empathy seems very low. It's just massively depressing to live on here for years and not getting out and improving anywhere. One radical idea is to randomly go to a faraway state, but I have barely any money. Besides this the prospect of sleeping outside in cold and/or suffering from the attacks of mosquitos is barely appealing.

The best I have managed to do recently is to volunteer here and there a bit, like telephone service LifeLine - well, at least I understand those people, who call there, extremely well! Even though I have learnt that it is overwhelmingly difficult to realistically help - that's what I am experiencing on myself too of course. But these activities don't help me to become self-dependent or find an income in any way. When I asked about working opportunities in an orphanage I was told that I don't have an education in this field in addition to that due to recession they have no vacancies anyway.

So in short, what is missing? Love, ability to be self-dependant, a job that I really love, dreams that I'd like to fulfill (like travelling around the world and discovering different cultures). Well, everything really. And I can't see a way out, certainly not a quick one. Besides this handling the mental condition is gradually becoming more difficult, which further stagnates any possible activities.
  2. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

hey :) welcome to the forum - its good to meet you :shake:

do you want me to move this thread to the welcome section where probably more people will see it and be able to welcome you here?!! :hug:
  3. supaplex

supaplex Member

Hello! If you feel the "welcome forum" is a more appropriate place for such post and thread, then feel free to do it.:) After all, I'm not so familiar with the forum yet to evaluate the best options here.
  4. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

done :laugh: welcome again :hug:
  5. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Welcome aboard!

The recession has really hit hard. Some of us that are applying for government benefits are having a hard time too, due to the clampdown. In your area, it may be no different. It's just really hard to find work right now.

I hope things get better for you.

PM me if you need anything.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey supalex, welcome to the forum :hug: Sorry to hear you're struggling, hope we can help you through this!
  7. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

Hey welcome to SF =D
  8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums!! What feild did you take in college??
  9. supaplex

supaplex Member

There is one more thing I fear I will never get used to and will lead the whole of my life living unsatisfactory. That I don't like several general aspects of the society and its dogmas and am annoyed a few aspects of human being. I feel like a bit of a weirdo in this world and feel like I have arrived in a wrong world.:\ Haven't managed to overcome it and dissatisfaction with the world also is an obstacle for me in finding my place here.

10. unspoken

unspoken New Member

I know how you feel. I'm 21, I've graduated and I am feeling depressed. I have never really had any long term goals or ambitions. Now I feel like I've got nothing left that I really want to do. I could travel somewhere else, but I don't have the energy and I feel that I wouldn't find anything better anywhere else. I'm still living with my parents.

What really gets me is how pointless life is. Why do we keep procreating? Human nature seems to be to destroy everything around us. And people distract themselves with such pointless concerns. I don't feel like any job I've ever done has changed the world for the better at all, despite having worked in environmental type areas. It's all about bureaucracy, personal advancement and petty competitiveness between individuals and different organisations who are supposed to be working together.

I don't know how to help you with this beyond saying that you're not the only person who feels like the world is wrong. You're not alone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.