I seek advice and support on ocd

Tomato123

Public Access
Hello, hi, I'm not exactly sure whether I'm doing this correctly but i want to ask for some of advice on dealing with ocd more specifically some "agressive" thoughts.

Tomato123

Public Access
Sorry that you're going through this @Tomato123

Have you tried any treatments so far? Do you want to say more about the "aggressive thoughts"?
Well i have been having these for a while now but at first i did not know why or whether it was abnormal, and we'll the can be kind of ... Disturbing and intrusive thoughts? I don't really know how to describe them which is why I was hoping to find someone with a similar experience. As for the thoughts, the can be kind of violent sometime, not that i am hurting someone but someone hurting me...? And then i get these like physical responces as if someone is touching me and it's super uncomfortable. I guess u should also know that I have been physically abused so that might be correlated. And thank you for responding this is my first time talking about this specific issue.

Tomato123

Public Access
You're welcome!

Sorry that this happened. Yeah, it sounds like it could be correlated.

It sounds like going to therapy would be the first thing to consider. Would there be any obstacles to that?
Unfortunately yes. Quite many, i don't really feel like listing them because they would reveal a lot about my identity. I have tried finding some, any way to go to therapy however the soonest I could seek professional help would be in a year or two and i am afraid i might not make it till then.

i don't really feel like listing them because they would reveal a lot about my identity
Ok.
I have tried finding some, any way to go to therapy however the soonest I could seek professional help would be in a year or two and i am afraid i might not make it till then
If you're in the US or Canada, you might want to try calling 211. They can sometimes help connect people to therapy and other services.

Do you want to say if cost is the obstacle? If you don't want to say that's ok too.

Tomato123

Public Access
Ok.

If you're in the US or Canada, you might want to try calling 211. They can sometimes help connect people to therapy and other services.

Do you want to say if cost is the obstacle? If you don't want to say that's ok too.
Well, ok, so no I'm not in the US or Canada also the thing is that is keeping me from receiving help is the fact that i am underage and still living with my family.

It's ok not to answer any question that I ask. Is it ok if I pose some questions though to try to get a better sense of the problem and what might help?

In principle, there might be a counselor in your school that could connect you to treatment. Laws vary from country to country, so they might be required to inform your parents. You might be able to search online to discover what the confidentiality laws are like where you are.

Tomato123

Public Access
You're welcome!

I'm sorry it's been that way, I hope things can change for the better.

Do you mean that your family would resist if you tried to get treatment now? It's ok to say "I don't want to answer that" if you feel like it.
Well, i have never really tried seriously asking them to let me go to therapy. Truth to be told, i know how they would react, firstly, they would ask for a reason and I simply admitting that they are the problem is not an option. Secondly, they do not have the slightest idea about my tragic mental state despite various signs.

Tomato123

Public Access
In principle, there might be a counselor in your school that could connect you to treatment. Laws vary from country to country, so they might be required to inform your parents. You might be able to search online to discover what the confidentiality laws are like where you are.
Well, in my school my parents would most likely be contacted i do not know where should I search for such laws but i will give it a try. However, since my school counselor is not the most helpful person I feel like my situation might be a bit too critical for her.

There may be a child abuse resource in your country that you can contact. A search for "Child abuse resources in [your country]", or "Child abuse hotlines in [your country]" might turn something up.

In principle, you could try to engage with some email/chat at www.childhelp.org. Even thought that's a US resource, they might be able to refer you on to services in your country.

I found this resource online
http://worldhelplines.org

I don't know anything about it though, so I can't specifically endorse it. If you can't find something with an online search, that might be ok to check out.

Is there a relative that you trust, like a grandparent or an aunt, that you might be able to live with instead of your parents?

Tomato123

Public Access
There may be a child abuse resource in your country that you can contact. A search for "Child abuse resources in [your country]", or "Child abuse hotlines in [your country]" might turn something up.

In principle, you could try to engage with some email/chat at www.childhelp.org. Even thought that's a US resource, they might be able to refer you on to services in your country.

I found this resource online
http://worldhelplines.org

I don't know anything about it though, so I can't specifically endorse it. If you can't find something with an online search, that might be ok to check out.

Is there a relative that you trust, like a grandparent or an aunt, that you might be able to live with instead of your parents?
Im sorry, this is getting a lot i will be back tomorrow maybe in a couple of hours

Sad Elf

Hi

I have OCD, I do not have a particular issue with aggressive thoughts, but I dare say there are some similarities in how the OCD effects me.

I will list some random insights or thoughts I have on what I have learnt living with it, I sense you might not feel able to Warrenton much information at the moment, so feel free to ask any questions or not, whatever works for you.

Some people have intrusive thoughts, but do not feel compelled to complete any compulsive behaviour, so for example I may think I want to xxx, this thought keeps popping in my head but other than causing distress there is no further action. This is sometimes called Pure O (obsessions only). Other people may experience a thought, I am going to xxx, I must touch my arm 5 times to stop me accidentally hurting someone. In that examp!e you have the obsessions thought and then a compulsive action that follows.

The thing that OCD feeds on is our fears and it often is linked to difficult experiences we have had.

People who don't have OCD may have similar thoughts to someone with OCD, but OCD makes us give extra significance to a thought (potentially based on previous expierence), so what might be a random fleeting thought for someone is something I might fixate and sorry about for a long time.

I don't want to overwhelm you so we will leave it there,but if I can help in anyway let me know.

Please be reassured that is possible to overcome.

Take care
Elf

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00