I seek to understand just about everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
And now, I know why. Because I always thought that if I could understand what it was that I did wrong when I was a kid, and what I could do better, then maybe my mother would love me more. And now that I know that, I know I need to try to find more middle ground and not try to understand every little detail of everything. Question is if I can actually do that, though. Middle ground was never my strong suit. Which probably also traces back to her in some fucked up way. Seems as though that's the case with a lot of things.

Hi AsphyxiateOnWords, I don’t know your back story but I do know from personal experience that parents get stuff wrong, very very wrong from time to time. I’m not making excuses. There are no excuses for the way I let my children down but I do know that i would give anything if I could make amends now . Have you tried talking to your mother, adult to adult? I know the first move should come from her but it may be worth a try. Forgive me if I am completely off the mark. Stay strong. You are one special person xxx

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Hi AsphyxiateOnWords, I don’t know your back story but I do know from personal experience that parents get stuff wrong, very very wrong from time to time. I’m not making excuses. There are no excuses for the way I let my children down but I do know that i would give anything if I could make amends now . Have you tried talking to your mother, adult to adult? I know the first move should come from her but it may be worth a try. Forgive me if I am completely off the mark. Stay strong. You are one special person xxx
That's why I said that your children were lucky to have such a wonderful, caring mother. Mine's never wanted to make amends and probably never will. Everything has always been my fault in her mind. I do understand why she is the way she is, though. My grandmother is a psychotic bitch. I just wish she'd acknowledge that herself.

And thanks, @DrownedFishOnFire. But like I said, it's highly unlikely anything will change. And frankly, I became tired of hoping that it will a long time ago, only to be let down again and again.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Lol when the pigs fly situation arise, we gotta remind ourselves the impossible has happened too many times in this lifetime. Never say never.

Cheers

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Lol when the pigs fly situation arise, we gotta remind ourselves the impossible has happened too many times in this lifetime. Never say never.

Cheers
At this point, I think I'd be less surprised to witness that pig accidentally fly into my window, while a talking pigeon goes, "Ha! Fucking idiot."

But you are right. It's not impossible. I'm just tired of hoping, is all. If it happens, it happens. If not, I'll be okay regardless.

Fell Mor

I also seek to know everything, but only because I like to tell people things that they do not know. Specifically, I like to educate people and hope they enjoy it in return. In my quest to know everything, I run across the social interaction of humans. Sadly, this is the area wherein I have the least intuition, and it is the most complex. So, I try to explain exactly how I think and feel, in the hopes that someone will do the same for me, and then I will understand.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
I also seek to know everything, but only because I like to tell people things that they do not know. Specifically, I like to educate people and hope they enjoy it in return. In my quest to know everything, I run across the social interaction of humans. Sadly, this is the area wherein I have the least intuition, and it is the most complex. So, I try to explain exactly how I think and feel, in the hopes that someone will do the same for me, and then I will understand.
I always like to learn new things. I don't understand people who never want to accept any new information or just don't care to. By never learning, you stay stagnant. If all of humankind stayed stagnant, we would never evolve into anything better and more complex than what we are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00