I should be happy but I'm not

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Cooki, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

I'm sad right now. I can't go swimming, although it's so hot today. And I'm so upset because I can't even go outside for any longer than 10 minutes without getting a sunburn. I will never lay down in the grass, closing my eyes and listening to music while my skin slowly gets a sun tan.... I can't get a sun tan at all. I won't ever go outside in summer and have fun playing volleyball or something like this because I would have a sunburn in no time. I will always look like a gamer who hasn't seen the sun in years.... Somehow that's true though, because I don't go outside that often because I would get a sunburn... Why can't my skin become more resistant with time, so that when I'm 20 or so I would be able to go outside in summer -____- I don't want to end up like my dad, having red skin because he got sunburns too often. My boyfriend says if I was any paler I would be completely see-through. Although I partly am anyway. One can see my veins. Not only on the inner arms, but everywhere. My skin is so awful.... As I said I can't get a sun tan or even go outside in summer, this is my biggest problem. I just want to go outside and lay down at the lake here, but I can't....
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Aww I'm sorry :hug: I can't tan either, I always burn, sometimes even when I wear sunscreen. I know how you feel, but tan skin isn't everything, and I'm sure you look nice just the way you are :)
  3. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

You can always lay in the sun clothed Cooki - I am assuming you are a girl from the fact you mention your boyfriend so if you were to wear a light top and light slacks you could lay in the sun and not be burnt - as for swimming you don't have to wear a bikini you can always wear a swimsuit and as for your arms & legs they will be in the water whilst you are swimming. As for you lack of confidence on how you look Cooki - well your boyfriend loves you and obviously sees you as beautiful so concentrate on that - never mind what anyone else might think

tc Cooki :butterfly8: :butterfly2: :butterfly3:

4. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

Sunscreen doesn't help at all for me... When I go outside (wearing a t-shirt so that my shoulders don't face the sun directly) with sunscreen I can't be there longer than 10 or 20 minutes without being burned.

Twocky: nope, I can't lay in the sun. I would have to be covered completely, so I would again be in the shade. I'm a ginger (okay, let's say I have ginger-skin, my hair is a bit too dark for being a ginger, but it's a bit reddish) so there's no melanin in my skin. Melanin is some substance that makes the skin "tan-able" and it prevents you from a sunburn, but since this substance doesn't exist (or barely does) in my body I get a sunburn whenever I go outside. And as for swimming: the water's surface is like a burning glass, so it's never good to have any uncovered skin under water. And sunscreen doesn't work at all in the water, so after about 4 or 5 minutes I have a sunburn anyway..... My skin is just so bad at protecting me >_<
  5. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

Oh, and did I tell you that I even get a sunburn through my clothes sometimes..? That's nasty. So I googled if clothes didn't protect you from uv radiation - and found out most clothes don't.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.