I should be happy

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pit, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I went to trade school for a well-paying job. I'm at the job and making good money. Therefore, I should be happy! I hate to tell this to you, but I'm not. Don't get me wrong, the money's good. But I have to kill myself every day to make it working both day and night and over the weekends. The work never stops. I've never been so depressed. I miss the simple old jobs I used to have, the Mon to Fri 9 to 5, your time was your own afterwards. Yes, I'm working from home. You think I'm lucky to be able to do that. Yes, but it doesn't stop. I stare into the computer screen 15 hours a day. I don't know what to do. Should I lose the job for my mental health? I've already asked for a light schedule, but I'm still doing heavy work. I really feel like giving up. I've failed everything. I'm exhausted now, so what's one more failure. I wouldn't even feel like looking for another job after this.
  2. NoMoneyToPlease

NoMoneyToPlease Banned Member

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

get a note from your doctor stating the hours your work have to be decreased because of you health Get doctor to write how many hours yu are allowed to do no more if work pushes you to do more then get legal advice on how to get things change. Sometimes money is not everything can you get your old job back
  4. luka

luka Active Member

do somehting that makes you happy man, the one proud thing ive done in my life is joining the army, i couldve been in a office job working 9-5 with a good paycheck but i chose my line of job because i love it

heres a story for you

there was a kid who was 5 years old, his mom told him that happiness is the key to life,when he went to school that day, they asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up,the boy wrote down "happy", they told him he didnt understand the assignment, and the boy told them they didnt understand LIFE

i hope evrything goes well in the future for you, please post back some updates on your situation

5. pit

pit Well-Known Member

You may have a point there, as the computer is ruining my eyesight.
  6. pit

pit Well-Known Member

It's a good thing the army makes you happy. Not everyone is cut out to join the army.
  7. luka

luka Active Member

thats not what i meant, i meant to say that you should do something you love, for me it was the army, for you its something else, you just gotta find it =] never stop looking
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.