I should have just done it Friday .

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Lastsong, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lastsong

Lastsong Member

I promised myself I'd try and wait till after Christmas. But now I'm not sure I can.
  2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Last song just ran Ito you in chat rooms. Welcome to SF's!!!! Just to start with is it possible for to make safely into 2013??? A new year hopefully and a start to maybe getting some pro help and some small changes at first which can make things more livable for you..

Please stay safe.. Hope to hear more from you.. Jim
  3. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

You are better than I, who would want to ruin a holiday for my family for the rest of their lives.
  4. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Hi Lastsong, I saw you over in chat also.
    Hang in there. Spend time with the kids. Do something good for the holidays (maybe help out at a food bank or?). Gain strength from inside. You can make it through, and beyond.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiyas, best method of staying strong I can give you is - distraction. Clean, cook, read, bathe, get a massage, if you have children spend some quality time with them, if you have a wife show her how much you love her. You CAN get through this.

Also, are you seeking any professional help?
  6. Lastsong

Lastsong Member

Hi Jim, I remember talking with you.. Well, unfortunately I'm still here. But that is what I'm trying to do, make it through till the holiday is over. I just don't see how to make changes. Everything is so overwhelming. It's just so much easier to think about a way out then making changes. Over the past couple days I've found myself just wanting to be alone. Getting to hard to put on a "good" face for everyone. Maybe we will talk again soon??
  7. Lastsong

Lastsong Member

Are you being sarcastic?? Not sure what PM is as far as messaging you. I know I need help.
  8. Lastsong

Lastsong Member

Really trying to hang in there. Put on a good act for everyone daily. Just so tired. I have been spending time with my kids. That's all I did. Felt so strung out by the end of the day. My kids are teenagers and everywhere we go is for them. Just hard to give give give and get nothing back. I even reached out to my pastor to say I was struggling... He never even picked up the phone, or emailed, or anything. No one cares.
  9. katrina77

katrina77 Guest

People do care, even though it often seems as though those around us don't. If you're like me, you are good at hiding just how far down you are, and I think often people don't realize just how bad it is. I don't know why your pastor didn't answer, maybe he wasn't home? Give him time, and try again.

I'm feeling a lot of the same things you are right now. When you are in a major depressive state, things do seem too overwhelming to even know where to begin. So you have to start with the small things. Things like eating decent foods at decent times. Getting enough sleep. I know even doing those things for me can feel overwhelming, but I also know that if I am sleep deprived or my sugar is low, I'll feel like crap. If even those things seem beyond reach, make an appt with your primary care physician, and get help there. Ask for a referral to a therapist if they can do so.

Just one foot in front of the other. One day at a time. That's good enough for now. Hey, if we make it through next Friday without the world ending we're doing okay..... ; )
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.