I should say "hello"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I joined a few days ago but I've been too nervous to post really.

I'm a very shy and quiet person generally and when I'm also new anywhere I find it very difficult.

I've been dealing with depression, anxiety and self harm for half my life and so many times things get on top of me. Feelings like these are hard to discuss with friends or family and you are often seen as selfish or attention seeking. I guess I just wanted a place I could come and talk about such things and be understood.

It feels bad that I should keep it from my real life but I'm not sure what else to do.

jimk

Staff Alumni
hi blue.period.. welcome to Sf's.. hope you get to feeling safe on here.. we try our darndest to not judge or criticize.. you got a lot of company here with similar mental illnesses themselves.. hope to hear some more from you later,, take care, Jim

Baldr

Staff Alumni
welcome!
And I've kept things secret to my friends (and family, but they're the main cause for my problems) for pretty much my whole life to seem normal.

Sorry for the late replies but...

Thank you. :smile:

welcome!
And I've kept things secret to my friends (and family, but they're the main cause for my problems) for pretty much my whole life to seem normal.
It hard doing that. I have told my family sometimes but it never goes well. I have some friends also that I've tried to speak to but its hard for people to understand. That's why I thought I should keep it separate.

Constantinos

I joined a few days ago but I've been too nervous to post really.

I'm a very shy and quiet person generally and when I'm also new anywhere I find it very difficult.

I've been dealing with depression, anxiety and self harm for half my life and so many times things get on top of me. Feelings like these are hard to discuss with friends or family and you are often seen as selfish or attention seeking. I guess I just wanted a place I could come and talk about such things and be understood.

It feels bad that I should keep it from my real life but I'm not sure what else to do.
Hello and welcome to the forums, i'm here to help you whenever you need help.

Feel free to send me a PM!

Lost_Daughter

Welcome! I am new to this site to but I already feel like its helping. Its nice to be able to shre your thoughts and feelings without being judged or ignored like people close to you often do. We are all here for a lot of the same reasons and getting honest open advice from people is really refreshing. Best wishes to you :)

Hi! Welcome to you too. I'm glad its helping you. It is a relief to know that when I need to get really difficult things off my chest I will have a place to go and a place to talk about my darkest emotions. That can be so hard out there in the real world.

Welcome blue

safe :hug:

It is good you are here. Good place to get to feeling better.
Thank you. I think I've been a bit quiet around the help section but honestly just knowing this place is here if I need it is a big relief. I'm probably still a bit guilty of keeping things all bottled up though. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00