I sleep with a blankie

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Scully, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

And I'm 29. I even have it day time, as I've been home for months now. I think I must be pretty neurotic.

Anyone else has a blankie or plush?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

so what if it brings you comfort who cares. i know alot of people who have a plushed toy or banket that they hold in times of distress. Whatever works thats what i say. Good for you for using whatever tool you need to bring you comfort.

3. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Thanks, I feel less like tard;..

4. shefallsasleep

shefallsasleep Well-Known Member

I have a Miss Piggy from the muppets teddy and I still sleep with her everynight, if Im sad she never leaves my side, I even used to have her there when I shared my bed with my ex! I'm 20 but don't intend getting rid of her anytime soon/ ever. One day my Mum heard me screaming, this was only about a year ago, and she thought I'd injured myself and I was just screaming coz the stitching had come apart and her stuffing was falling out! Everyone has something that brings comfort, some people suck their thumb all there life, nothing to be ashamed about at all!x

5. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I have.

6. Puppy

Puppy Well-Known Member

I rotate plushies to sleep with (I'm 23) :3

At the moment, I'm sleeping with a seal.

7. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I sleep with a teddy bear :)

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Awws! That is so cute!!

:love:

9. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

I have Leapold the Traveling Tiger.

One day in 2006, I was driving between Pensacola and New Orleans and started feeling pretty tired, so I pulled off at a tiny town to fill up the car and stretch my legs for a while.

The exit I pulled off only had a gas station and a Family Dollar. After topping off the tank, I went into the Family Dollar to walk around a little while and buy a soda.

And then I found myself looking at Leapold. He was a stuffed tiger sitting in a crouching position, probably about ten inches tall. I'm still not sure why, but I bought that damn tiger.

Now Leapold goes where I go. Leapold's been to Honolulu, Pensacola, New Orleans, Columbia (South Carolina), Nagoya, Seoul, and Sydney, and he's about to go to Bangkok and Auckland.

I consider him my good luck charm.

10. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I had a couple of teddies for the longest time, but they stopped bringing me comfort.
    I think my laptop is my 'security blanket' now, it's sleeps next to me, it's always on, it's one step away from people who are always there to help me, it plays comforting music, and shows me tv and movies that help me when I'm down.
    Oh yes, my laptop does all of that. Sad but true. lol

11. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Thanks guys = ) I loved to read your stories. I love to read your stories over here. Reading others, it's getting out of yourself, at least for a while, big troubles can become small, and a wall of brick hide a door in the dark.
    Good eve'

12. IDKwhatIwant

IDKwhatIwant Well-Known Member

ive had a long sleeve shirt since i was 14. was just a shirt then. its last through the years because of quality. wasnt until i was around 15 or 16 that i bonded with it. wore it around the house after my car accident. ive worn it for other events too. like a 21 hour bus ride... my mother still has some clothing of my father. i kind of just wanted the same.

its still to big for me. i got it from american eagle i think or ambercrombie and finch. some half way prep mall store. bought it on clearance for cheap, even though it didnt fit me.

13. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I sleep with a soft toy. It reminds me of someone :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.