I slipped up

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by robroy, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robroy

robroy Well-Known Member

Ive been tempted to start harming for a while now and I finally gave in last night, probably one of the worst , lonliest nights of my life. I'm not sure where to go from here, it didn't make me feel much better of give much relief so I'm not sure I'll do it again but I can't think of a very good reason not to. I'm contacting a therapist tonight or tomorrow to see if I can try and get some help, but I was wondering if I could get some advice from some other self-harmers?
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

((hug)) for you! Sorry you gave in and SH but as they say when you fall off the horse you get back on. I know it's a trying time and you feel lost and hopeless but keep whatever hope you have, alive <3
  3. robroy

robroy Well-Known Member

Thank you Petal, I always appreciate you reaching out to me.
  4. A guy I went to high school with used to run. I'd always saw him running to school we'd pass him on the bus and he'd look so mad, but by the time he got to the school he had the biggest grin on his face with sweat pouring down it. Everyday rain, snow, you name it, he ran. Didn't think much of it, thought he was in jROTC. He wasn't.

A few months went by, and I was so depressed about my home life. You could see it on my face, so I was referred by the guidance counselor to an after school program where kids get together and talk about whats making them depressed. I walk into the room and who do I see? This guy! We talk a bit and I ask him why he runs to school. He told me that he's prone to self harm and that running makes him feel SO much better. When you feel like you can't run anymore, keep running! The smell of the air, the feeling of wind in your face, the exercise. He said by the time you get to where your going, you have the biggest smile on your face and the volume turns down on everything in life.

Try running. Hang in there :)
  5. robroy

robroy Well-Known Member

Haha thanks I'm actally pretty in to running so I'll keep that in mind
  6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Sometimes we have slip ups, try not to be too hard on yourself over that. I haven't hurt myself for a long time, I try to use a positive distraction when I am feeling bad. I'm not sure what things you like, but I would usually watch movies, read, write, talk to people, anything to keep my mind off how I'm feeling.
  7. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

robroy, I am sorry, I have never harmed myself, I had a girlfriend that was and We spent a lot of time on the subject as well as me talking her out of it, she dropped me when I tried..... well doing myself in! but we have still been friends, though she is married and has 3 kids an she calls me some times to say she is thinking of it but she never does, I am her back up support I guess, I am glad to hear that you will be seeking professional help, I am so glad you are pro-active, you are so doing all the right things! keep up the good stuff! we are here for you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.