i started again

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by givenuponlife, Oct 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. givenuponlife

givenuponlife Well-Known Member

Last night i started cutting again, and you want to know something it actually doesnt hurt now when i cut. I figure that isnt a good sign, the cuts arent very deep but they are still visible.
  2. Bipolar2andu

Bipolar2andu Guest

I too know your pain and suffering.....I have been diagnosed with Bipolar 2, Mood Disorder, Anxiety, and the sad part is NOONE, not even my family believes me when I say that I just want it all to end. I started cutting as well, but it only helps with the depression, tho I can tell noone cares anymore :(
  3. givenuponlife

i told someone my symptoms and they think i wrongly diagnosed and thats why i am still suffering......

I cant even tell anyone that i self harm i have to keep it secret. i already know 1st hand that i will be shunned by family if they find out again.
  4. MariaM

MariaM Guest

I´ve never cut myself. To be honest i never really understood this. You do it to relieve the pain inside, like a transference. Having a physical pain is a way to forget how much it hurts inside?
    The only thing i did in my past was to starve to be slimmer. I lost 6kg. But it didn´t make me feel any better.
    I don´t do it anymore.

Take care,
  5. givenuponlife

to me physically cutting doesnt hurt, it used to but when i did it last night there was no pain to it at all.

Everyone has there own coping skills and for alot of ppl it is self harming. Some ppl cut, some ppl starve themselves, it is what ever they are comfortable with at that time. I know its wrong to do it but as i said before it is a coping technique
  6. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I can see where you are coming from, the same happened to me too. I think the more you cut, the more you get used to it and the pain from a shallow cut just doesn't do much anymore, for me it didn't anyway. As time goes on you end up cutting deeper just to feel more pain but there has to be a point where you control how deep you cut, because like you said, you can cause nerve damage and that isn't good at all. Have you tried ice? It stings just like cutting does, maybe if you hold ice to your skin long enough that will give you the pain you want.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.