I started taking anti-depressants.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by nicesinging1, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicesinging1

nicesinging1 Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. After meeting with psychiatrist last Thursday and asking questions regarding anti-depressants, I finally decided to take anti-depressants. It certainly wasn't an easy decision. I expended so much time researching, reading everything about anti-depressants. I also asked people who take the meds about how their experiences have been like. And many of them told me to give it a try.
    I know not everybody is going to agree with my decision. But it is a decision I carefully thought it over as well as discussing with therapist, psychiatrist in length. I know there will be dissenting opinions here. But I hope you guys respect my decision.
    Thanks for reading my post and I hope you guys the best in your own recovery.

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I hope this works out for you Hank. Remeber that it takes awhile for the full effect of the antdepressant to be realized. If it doesn't seem like it is working right away, be patient. And if after a time this one doesn't work, you may need to try another. The meds are a grand experiment and they need to be changed and adjusted until the right dosage and combinations are found that best suits you. I am glad you decided to be proactive with your depression instead of just accepting that things would stay the same always.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.