I started taking the antidepressant Zoloft...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by HomerSimpson, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomerSimpson

HomerSimpson Well-Known Member

People I am on my 6th day of taking 50mg of Zoloft. I am going to try and descibe how I am feeling. It seems that there is less "noise" going on in my head. In other words I am not focusing on my depressive and suicidal thoughts as much as I was. I mean the thoughts are there, but it as if I am just not paying them any attention. I am not as focused on them like I was, but and here is the huge but...when I do focus on them like I was doing today it almost feels just as bad as before I started taking the pills.

Also, my anxiety doesnt seem as bad as before, but I am still having some anxiety over differnet situations. Another thing it seems if I am just sitting around say watching tv or on the computer I have almost a mellowed out feeling. I am almost having a "Oh well" attitude over things I normally would be worrying about.

What do you think? Will things get better than this? Should I ask doctor to increase to 75-100 mg my next visit?

2. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

hiya ..
    im glad it seems 2 be having some positive effects.. im on zoloft aswel.. im on 150mg atm.. with me its th dose that stops that 'noise' u mentioned..
    as far as i know they only increase the dose every 2 weeks if needed.. so u might have 2 wait.. it takes a while 4 it 2 fully get in2 ur system.. so hopefully u wont need 2 increase and the positives will keep getting more and more ..
    all the best :hug:

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Thats great news but like Mandj101 said it will take a 4-6 weeks before the medication can build up to its therapeutic level. My daughter is on this and it has worked for her. Let us know how you continue to do on it okay but great news to start with

4. HomerSimpson

HomerSimpson Well-Known Member

I am worried that I am just feeling the placebo effect. Today I woke up and so far today have had none of the positive feelings I was having, so I am hoping you guys are right.

5. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Zoloft is a good medicine. I've been on doses of 150 mg, but now I have "only" 50 mg. I think I will keep this medicine for years to come.
    Be patient. Antidepressants like Zoloft needs time to start working properly. For me, it took two months to feel any real difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.