I started with my antidepressants

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Lucano, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Lucano

Lucano Well-Known Member

As some of you know I am going thru a severe depression episode. And yesterday I went to an appointment with my shrink and got a treatment, today I started with it. So I will let you know how it goes for me, today is barely my first day and actually my first time ever taking antidepressants in my life. Wish me luck :)

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

OH good for you hun it takes about 4 weeks for it to kick in sometimes faster though I found my antidepressant helped me alot in that it took the deep sadness away and gave me some energy something i did not have before Do let us know how you are doing o kay hugs

3. Lucano

Lucano Well-Known Member

Thank you, and that's good to know. And of course I'm going to let you know how I'm doing. Like I've said many times before, talking to people here really makes me good. Thank you again, hugs :)

4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

I started on them eight weeks ago myself. Six weeks on sertraline then switched over to escitalopram. Certainly have to be patient with them. They take their sweet bloody time. My only advice is to pay close attention to your mood over these first few weeks, make sure it's not doing anything unusual (irritability, anger, worse depression, racing thoughts etc.). If any of that sort of thing starts happening make sure to tell your doctor right away.

Do you mind if I ask which one you've been prescribed?

5. Lucano

Lucano Well-Known Member

Four weeks of Sertraline and Clonazepam to sleep. Sertraline 50mg each 24 hours and Clonazepam 1gm before going to sleep. I will keep an eye on my mood and any possible alterations. I am myself practically a doctor so, I am aware of what they could cause and I will be careful with it. Thank you :)

6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Best of luck to you! I hope things will continue to go well.

7. Lucano

Lucano Well-Known Member

Thanks :) I'm doing well so far. I know is only my second day, but I feel good. I haven't cried at all today nor had the urge to hurt myself. Which is good. I'll keep you guys informed :)

8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am glad you are doing well so far It is okay to cry you know actually it is good to let the pain and sadness out Sometimes being a professional it is hard to reach out to others but i am glad you have We all need help sometimes in out lives i think it takes someone very strong to acknowledge they need help and to reach out and get it Thanks for keeping us informed

9. Lucano

Lucano Well-Known Member

Always :) Thank you for caring. It helps to know that people cares about me :)

10. WhateverDan

WhateverDan Member

Good luck, hope it goes well, I find that anti-depressants are generally very useful.