I think a lot of people hate me

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by SAVE_ME, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Dunno why, or what I've done to upset people, but I guess people just hate my guts for some reason. Always getting shunned on MSN. They never say hi to me first. What have I done? :(
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey Sean!

I'm sure that's not true. I have spoken to you on msn and you're a great person and you have an awesome personality.. perhaps its time to move on and meet new people :hug:
  3. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Thanks IrishDoll, I appreciate it :hug: I just can't help but wonder why my flatmates' attitudes towards me have suddenly gone cold. We exchange a "hey" when I come in on an evening but other than that I totally feel like a ghost. They're all into the same things as each other and when I open my mouth it's as though nobody's really interested in what I say. I'm pretty much confined to my room now anyway, which sucks. They've even started going for nights out without me.
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Time to get out and make other friends besides your flatmates. Nothing says they are the only ones you can go out with. It is there loss if they choose not to include you in some of their activities. You mention they share a lot of interests. Do you not have these interests? People do grow apart when they don't have a common bond. As for people IMing you first-I would be guilty of seeing you were online and not messaging you. Not because I don't wish to chat, but because I would not want to bother you. I know it doesn't make sense because if we all waited for the other to say something first, no conversations would ever take place. But it is the way I feel with IM. Something tells me that if a person doesn't mind chatting, then they will IM me. Just a thought. Do what you want with it. :hug:
  5. bluepotatoe

bluepotatoe Active Member

There is a possibility that maybe they think that you don't want to hang out with them anymore because you guys don't share common interests. Just a thought, because that was my case before.

Perhaps its time to find new mates to live with, you should never have to feel left out at your own home. :]

As far as IM goes, gentlelady is right, there is always an uncertainty of whether or not you should say hi first or wait for the other person to say hi.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.