I think about dying and ending my pain

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by hessbz12, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hessbz12

hessbz12 Member

I am a 27 year old male who suffers immensely from depression/anxiety and other mental things. I won't get into it. But I have a great family, good friends, a degree, a job, no physical problems. Yet I am scared to death of the world, uncomfortable 24/7 to the degree of wanting to stay in bed all day long and not move. I have seen therapists for many years, tried many different medications. It's not helping at all. It's only getting worse.

I've been struggling with this for 6 years. Please tell me why I shouldn't just end it?

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Why shouldn't you end it? For lots of reasons. Here are two, just for starters.

~Your family would miss you immensely.
    ~There is always something else to try that might help, ECT, inpatient, therapeutic communities, always something else.

You seem to appreciate the things that you have, so could you use those things to try and find hope in your life? Maybe give you a focus? Something to fight for? Something you want?

The option for suicide remains, yet if you keep fighting and keep trying different things, however hard it is, then you are providing yourself with hope, even if you are struggling to see it.

Hang in there

3. hessbz12

hessbz12 Member

The thing is with what I have, I find it extremely difficult to enjoy my family and friends. So what is the point of being here if I can't enjoy the things that matter to me?

I grew up catholic and still consider myself to be so. But I feel as tho I have lost my faith in God. I don't know where he went. He used to feel in my life but he feels gone. I pray to him and talk to him every day and every night. But nothing, nothing at all.

Honestly, I don't want to die....but it is looking to be the only option out of this hell. And that is what it is. Hell. I feel in Hell.

I don't want to die, but I want out of this extreme mental struggle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.