I think I deserve to self-harm

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by nicesinging1, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicesinging1

nicesinging1 Well-Known Member

I am at a point in my life that I feel I deserve to self-harm. Throughout my 29 years of life, I worked hard to stay away from drugs, alcohol, tobacco and sex. But that wasn't enough to let me live depression-free life.
    I am at a point that I realize that I must be a horrible human being. After all, no good and kind person deserves the kind of tortures I have been living in my life. I feel it is a nature's way of saying, "You are a horrible person and hence you will suffer depression all your life."
    Since I have so much hard time ending my life, I am thinking of embarking on a journey of self-harming myself. I want to hurt myself because I deserve to suffer. Before harming myself, I would like to know something.
    How addictive is cutting wrists compared to drug addiction?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It is very addictive so please donot start it will only cause so much more problems for you scarring etc talk to someone okay get better coping skills then that hugs You do not deserve self harm YOu deserve self compassion and kindness hugs
  3. AlopexAngel

AlopexAngel Chat Buddy

Agreed. It's not good and virtually impossible to get rid of when you do start having a better life.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.