i think i may be bipolar.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by preetynpink10032, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i have very extreme mood swings. sometimes i'll be overly happy & nothing can bring me down. then quickly, i'll fall into a deep depression and become suicidal. at my low points i've even attempted suicide a couple of times. it's a never ending cycle and it's so horrible. i'm sooo fucking paranoid too, and about basically everything. i also suffer from anxiety that runs through my family, depression runs through my family also, however there is no history of manic depression. what does everybody think? i mean yeah, i'm a teenager so some people think it could just be hormones, but i don't know anybody else who goes through the extremes that i do. :confused:

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I personally wouldn't want to comment on whether or not you are bi-polar because there are lots of disorders out there and I am not a doctor, but there are definite issues that you need help with.

Could you maybe print this post out (and maybe others you have written too) and take it to your doctor and show him/her. your doctor will be able to make any appropriate referrals to people that can help you.

I';m not stalking you, I promise :p

Take care of yourself

3. thank you so much for your responses and for caring. i find it embaressing to bring up my issues and concerns to my parents but i know that i need to get help. thank you so much for your help on everything. :smile: take care & if you ever need to talk to someone, i'm always here!

4. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

It's natural and very common to be scared of telling people.

Maybe you might find it easier to write them a letter, or show them your posts. That way they can go away and re-read it and think about it. I am sure that they will support you and help you in anyway that they can.

Good luck with it, I really hope you get the help you deserve

5. bono

bono Well-Known Member

I don't know if this will help you; my friend Becky is bipolar. At times she gets uncontrollable happy. Often after being in this state she won't remember where she was or what she was doing.

~Bono the uppity Canadian with a floppy head, and beady little eyes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.