I think i may be bisexual

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by slowly_awaiting_peace, Nov 16, 2012.

1. how do i know forsure ? am i just curious ?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

you have lots of time to find out whatever your sexuality just be you hun ok
  3. Izziebabystar

Izziebabystar Well-Known Member

i am bi hunni, it took me a while to work it out, i experimented with a few girls and a few guys and decided i liked both :)
  4. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

Don't try to think about it too much, and just goes with what comes to you. If you're attracted to the same gender, then you just are. Just go with how you feel.
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I'd say it's time more than anything. Sometimes people go through phases, or experiment with their sexuality, or you may truly be bisexual. I've felt the same way for almost 2 decades so I know that I am. But try not to worry too much, when you know you'll know :)
  6. Moat

Moat Banned Member

You will not know unless you explore it on your own and find out which you most like to be with, yet if you choose one or the other or both, remember that in the end, the feelings all amount to the love you have for another person. That is all that matters, not gender.
  7. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Member

I'd say you know for sure when you feel that you can have a sexual relationship with people of either gender :-D I'm not bisexual myself but to me that's like "hey just more fish in the sea!"

I take this from the fact that I hadn't considered whether or not I could be bisexual myself, I thought of dating this other guy (I'm male myself) and what I ended up finding out just before I asked was that I personally just felt grossed out about it having a sexual relation to the same gender :lol: and that's how I ended up being sure, but this is all so each to his own! I mean for all I know I could end up as a 40 year old changing my mind and that wouldn't really phase me :).

You're probably just curious if you just started thinking about it. But I'd follow what everyone else here said you should on your curiosity. Just go with the flow.

Best of luck.

8. truthhurts

truthhurts Well-Known Member

I myself have had similar debates with myself, and i still haven't completely figured out whether i'm straight or bi. I'm definitely attracted to males [and i'm a girl], but i also quite recently had a small crush on a girl. I might just be bi-curious tho [which is likely], or otherwise i would likely label myself as bi but with the preference of males. It might also be kind of because i'm a bit confused about my gender identification [female, but not exactly comfortable with my body, but i'm not considering transitioning, at least not yet], so that may have led me to question my sexuality as well. "If i were to transition and still like males would i be labelled gay?" and such stuff i've thought of as well, but it doesn't rly bother me right now. and yes i also agree that it takes time to figure this out. Until about half a year ago i never considered that i'd be anything but straight, tho i've felt androgynous for years and years already. We'll see how i turn out one day, lol, i'm still 19.
  9. dice

dice Well-Known Member

Hi there,
    I'm a bisexual guy myself. For me it took some time to really figure out my sexuality. I really think there was a time where I was straight but over time I seem to have gotten a bit gayer. I think bisexuality is the hardest sexual orientation to figure out because you may have conflicting views. If you are gay you wouldn't feel an attraction to the opposite sex and if you are straight you wouldn't feel an attraction to the same sex. As a bisexual you may not be exactly in the middle as in having equal attractions to both genders. You could also connect better with one gender emotionally and feel more attraction physically. I find myself getting along better with guys but finding girls to be more attractive. Forutanetly you have time to figure out your sexuality, you don't need to determine right this instant that you are bisexual. Give it time and see how your feelings developed. I really wasn't sure if I was truly bi myself but once I gave it more time I began accepting who I am. I'd just recommend that before you really decide to come out of the closet you are sure of your feelings.
  10. alyssaswoon

alyssaswoon Well-Known Member

Like a few people who have already replied here, I am bisexual as well. It took me a long time to realize this but once I accepted that I can't change who I'm attracted to (regardless of gender) I felt a lot better about myself. For as long as I can remember I've had feelings for members of the same sex and opposite sex, but I never thought about it too much. Years passed and my feelings never changed, so that's when I started playing with the idea that I might be bisexual.
    There really is no rush in trying to find out your sexual orientation, you've got your whole life to think about it! Just be true to yourself.