I think I might OD tonight

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by The Depressed Puppy, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Depressed Puppy

The Depressed Puppy Well-Known Member

I took a few pills, & I really think that will do the whole bottle.

I know, I have said that I am contemplating suicide, but I really think I will do it now.
  2. Flying Fox

Flying Fox Well-Known Member

Please, is there anything else that will make you consider? I am really sorry that you feel this way. *hugs* Are you sure that this is what you want? I ODed once before but nothing really happened.
  3. iwanttohelp

iwanttohelp Well-Known Member

Don't do it! Get some help quick! You can find relief in other ways.

Just keep reaching out and seeking help.

You will eventually find the answers you need to feel better.

You deserve to live and be happy.
  4. Jackie's Strength

Jackie's Strength Staff Alumni

I mean in no way to invalidate your feelings when I say that overdosing will very likely only land you in the emergency room, with many unpleasant symptoms. You will achieve nothing positive from taking the pills... only make things worse for yourself. Talk to a friend or family member, call a crisis line, talk to us here, distract yourself, go to sleep... anything but overdosing. I often find taking a med that puts me to sleep helpful during times like these... perhaps there is something like that you have or could get prescribed? It can be a huge help when used occasionally. Remember... intense feelings like the ones you're experiencing now just do not last... they physiologically can't! Wait it out, ride your emotions like a wave... feel them peak and subside. If you are not currently getting any help, make it a point to get some as soon as possible. If you really feel like you cannot hold the impulse in, go to the hospital, even if only for the night... but please, don't take the pills... I speak from experience when I say you'll regret it... don't make the mistakes I made! Please stay safe.
  5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Been there. Trust me. Stomach pump n charcoal treatment isnt fun to endure. Plus what if it damages your kidneys or liver ? I got lucky but it was because I was caught in the act.

No shame to calling 911 and say what u just did. Get the help before its too late.
  6. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

od'ing doesn't always result in death. like others said here
    and hope you're still around
  7. The Depressed Puppy

The Depressed Puppy Well-Known Member

I have these bottle right here,& I'm really tempted to go through with it:(:(. I'm really close to doing, I can't prevent the impluse anymore:(
  8. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

impulses like these never end in anything good.
    hold on
  9. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

question truly is ... do you want the impulse/urge to stop?

this is not being mean or hating on you in any way.... honestly, sometimes the torture we put ourselves through is "as rewarding" as self injury. its a type of love/hate relationship. we hate that we do it at all... but at the same time we love that it seems to give us a feeling other than the deep feeling of utter despair that is the only feeling there otherwise.

anyway, if your answer to this question is "yes" .... do as was suggested earlier and flush the pills down the toilet and then let your doc know you did so and why

if the answer to the question is "no" ... then keep doing what you are, just be extremely cautious that you don't push yourself too far because this is a lot like playing russian roulette ...

if the answer to the question is "i don't know" ... i suggest you do some heavy honest soul searching, the longer you allow yourself to be tempted the worse it will get..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.