I think i need someone to talk to :-(

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Dawny, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Dawny

Dawny New Member

SO, long story short, I'm 32, have no friends, a ridiculous job that I work at least 90hrs per week for crappy pay from, no life and a shitty family I currently live with. I am so numb, my mum is terribly emotionally abuse and I am currently halving responsibilities to take care of my dad who has had a massive stroke and is severely disabled. I drink too much, so did he, so that's a major issue in our household, my mum will not look to herself to see what a terrible person she has become she is so abusive mentally and physically and I can't take anymore. Everything is my fault, I am told I'm a failure, a fatso, a lazy person and I know in my heart that's not the truth (except for the fatty part!) I work all the time but its never enough, I'm absolutely taken for granted, she interferes in everything and its her way or the highway. She has always been very manipulative and overbearing but since my dad got sick its unbearable. The only thing keeping me here is my dog, I love her so much but as time goes on my options feel less and less and ending it all seems the only solution. I know moving out is the best thing but its not that easy :-( Feeling so dispondant, don't know what to do, I have zero confidence, less than zero money and no life of my own. I don't know who I am anymore.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi @Dawny and welcome to SF. We are a very supportive community and will support you through anything. This might be a stupid question but do you have money to see aq doctor and/or a therapist about your feelings? I am sorry you are going through so much, it's so unfair, you should not have to put up with that abuse. Have you talked to her about how her behaviour is affecting you? Is she supportive to your dad ? We are here for you, I promise you that.

3. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

Thank you for joining us here at SF. I personally look forward to hearing about you and what has brought you to this corner of the web. I invite you to read my personal story below in green and just know you are not the only in pain. You are not the only one suffering. Everyone here is fighting their own battles. While you are here, you are safe. No one will harass you or insult you in any manner. That BS is not tolerated here. I hate to hear that you are suicidal. You must have a lot of stuff going on in your life for you to feel this way. Do you know why we feel suicidal? (I am suicidal too, btw) If you don't know would you like for me to explain it to you? I want you to promise me that if you ever feel like you are in danger of hurting yourself, you will take yourself to the nearest ER, and get the help you need. There is no shame in getting help.

I would personally love to hear more about you. What are your dreams? What do you want out of life? What issues do you think , you need help with? How can we help you get into a better place?

What kind of dog do you have?

Feel free to PM/IM me anytime if you just want to chat or want to talk about something in a private manner.

Take Care