I think I quit my job

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by cymbele, Oct 1, 2014.

1. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

and I'm shell shocked. I have been having difficulty with a computer program to solve a technical problem. After countless hours and much advise from colleagues I am unable to manipulate the program to solve the problem. So I sent out an email to the boss and the project manager saying that I thought it would be handled better if we got a consultant and I would support them but that I was unable to do the task. Then I left for the day. I think that in fact is quitting as they have fired others who lag in their projects and don't succeed. So tomorrow I will start once again to look for a job. If I don't find one then it comes down to suicide which I don't want to do but I refuse to become homeless.

My therapist just came back from vacation. I talked to her but she couldn't help me anyways. I am just a failure. I might as well give up.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Find out first if the you have indeed lost the job before assuming it's gone.
    If you have, then tbh you are probably better off not working for a firm that doesn't allow honesty.