I think I should start the process.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Right U R Ken, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

First, I should buy my method. It's available retail but not around here. I'll have to make a short trip. I should get it and have it around. Then I should give away what little money I have. Makes no sense for me to leave a full will. But there's someone I think should have what little money I've saved. I can just send her a check a day or two before I check out. I'm an organ donor so I should leave a note pointing that out. Might take a while before they check my driver's license and notice the donor notation, so a note would speed that along. That's about it.
  2. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

why do you want to do this?
  3. Hope this comment isn't counter-productive but... I actually get some relief by having my method with me. I always know that if anything gets too rough I can check out on a moments notice.

I hope you'll find the same and not have to use it anytime soon.

I am a firm believer in the right to die if you couldn't tell, you don't let your pet dog who is in tremendous pain "work through it". I'd like to think we were more humane to humans than to other creatures.
  4. Right U R Ken

Because I have no reason to be alive.
  5. jenniferelaine

jenniferelaine Well-Known Member

I'm not getting in a methods discussion, bit a lot of them make you inelligable to be an organ donor. Either you damage your organs too badly, or you won't be found quickly enough.

But yeah, done all of the stuff you mentioned. Have a sheet that's essentially my will....thought about buying several methods..
  6. Right U R Ken

No problem. Won't damage most of my organs. Maybe the lungs a bit, not sure. Doesn't matter anyway. Only thing that matters is me being out of here. The other things are minor. If they help, good. If not, no matter.
  7. akito38

akito38 Member

I thought I had a method. Jumping off a five story parking garage. But that may not be high enough. It does give some comfort though.
  8. Fading Mentality

Fading Mentality Active Member

Having a method on hand seems like a failed attempt to me. If you are to decide yes or no I would rather not have the method on hand as people, when in a passionate state, fail to utilize their mind to full capacity. On the other hand if you had to drive to or pick up your method you have time to wrap yourself around the decision which I feel is a more logical way to decide. Keeping something on hand is a recipe for a hasty decision which makes no sense no matter how you spin it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.