I think im a sociopath

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Chernarus, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chernarus

Chernarus Well-Known Member

last night a girl that i really liked died in a car accident and i worked with her hell i wanted to date her. i feel nothing now that she is dead i have no feeling its really bothering me. I dont mourn her death she was a real good girl really energetic kind of girl thats really rare in these parts were i live. i had feelings for her when she was alive but none when she died.
  2. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi. glad you came here to talk about this. re your feelings vs. lack of feelings...you are probably in shock. shock after a death, really numbs a person out. . .

if you want to talk, please free to pm me. i am surely old enough to have suffered several losses. .
    there are many others too hun - and we care about you xxxxx :console:
  3. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

Sociopaths use people despite their feelings or their interests. Emotional emptiness? I have that, and most people think I'm a nice enough guy. It seems to me like I've come to understand what is desired of me and what I want in myself, and create reactions and ideas on demand. I don't have any strong emotions in this. Are you like that? Just lacking in emotion?

Maybe its just that it was an infatuation. You had no real ties to her, and thusly aren't bound to have the emotional reactions.
  4. user5671

user5671 Member

Dunno if it helps but I had the same thing when my mom died. I felt nothing about it for some reason, everyone around me was crying but I couldnt even shed a tear. It didnt really hit me till about two years later when my life settled back down. It doesnt mean you dont care that she died. If anything it means you cared alot, so much so that you probably just cant accept it just yet. Give it time.
  5. WillST

WillST Active Member

The fact that your lack of feeling is bothering you probably means your not a sociopath. If you were, it wouldn't bother you that you lacked feeling. Your probably just numb/shock/empty sort of thing where it doesnt really register or seems surreal.
  6. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I agree. The fact that it's bothering you makes a difference :heart:
  7. stillwaiting

stillwaiting New Member

Yeah I'm the complete opposite of a sociopath and even I have very little emotion over death. I dunno why.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.