I think I'm addicted..

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by why24, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. why24

why24 New Member

Hi all, just finished watching a film where a character ate a bunch of pills and downed it with some alcohol only to later awaken in the hospital, and I'll be damned if it didn't give me goosebumps of the good variety. I recently had a suicide attempt where CPR had to be performed and I distinctly remember fading away and being reluctantly brought back, it was quite a beautiful experience for me and one I have been playing endlessly through my head since. Back to the film, the scene made me realize I'm just going to try this again, third times a charm anyway right? Why should I deny myself such a wonderful self-induced moment while reality provides me with nothing but this great obsession of another inevitable attempt? Do any of you feel like you're addicted to that feeling that comes over you the second after it's "too late" to turn back and death is certain?
  2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

why24. welcome.. we are very pro life on here.. do all we can to keep the membership alive, still breathing and a kickin'.... death is final and zilch then.. noghinht wahtsoever..hope you stop fantastasing about the od experience.. this may kill you next time.. speaking personally i would much rather have you still alive and talkign on here.. tc, Jim
  3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

I agree, Jim.... death might look like the only way out, but like you say, it is so final and there can be no changing your mind afterwards...... I'd really encourage you Why24 to ask yourself some empowering questions towards understanding why you desire 'oblivion' so much - via counselling. New perspectives are a far better course of action, hun :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.