i think im giving up .

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by onlyme13, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onlyme13

onlyme13 New Member

i think im going to give up . people say life is a blessing but i simply want to take mine away . feeling like shit everyday of your life isnt a good feeling at all . people throwing hurtful words in your face everyday is hard to go through . i have no one who will understand without thinking im completely insane so i looked up this blog . i cant do it anymore . no one , yes i mean no one, will care if i go . what is the point of living in a world like this ? this world is HORRIBLE . i have no emotions . i just need a way out. . . i dont need help. i dont WANT help . i want peace & serenity .

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

you want out of the pain and suffering you want peace as do i I am sorry you are so sad hun I jsut want you to know i would care hugs

3. drg

drg New Member

its hard to feel sad all the time especially when the world is so twisted...but your not alone there are so many others who want to give up and if all of us gave up there would be a huge dent in the world...we mean something beacuse we see things diffrently and feel pain for the way the world is and its those people who make a diffrence...pain and suffering can lead to strength because we have the strength everyday to wake up and see the world and face it again and again even if all we want it to feel peace even for a second but we dont end it beacuse we are strong.. so we will survive. and so will you because you have so far and your stronger than the words and the hateful things people do.

4. Happiness depends on continuing to live. It may seem like things are hopeless but I guarantee there are others who have had it worse and have fought through it and found happiness. It is all up to you, you have to find strength in yourself because you are the ultimate source of your own happiness.

Viktor Frankl wrote the famous book Man's Search For Meaning about his time in the concentration camps and how he was able to find meaning even in the most desperate circumstances.

"We who lived in the concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms - to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

There was an instance he spoke of where two comrades of his came to him in the camp each with thoughts of suicide, when he asked them independently why they wished to end their lives they said that they had nothing to expect from life anymore. He responded by asking:

"Now listen, isn't it considerable that instead life expects something from you?"

The one man remembered that he had a daughter waiting for him who had made it safely to the United States and the other man had a collection of books he wished to finish. They each were able to find meaning and purpose in their lives again in something that they needed to do and accomplish for the world.

He developed the psychology field of logotherapy "will to meaning". He believed that striving to find meaning is the most powerful motivating and driving force for humans.

5. Pry

Pry Member

I know it's hard having people talk shit to you every day. My advice? Take their words and bring them to good. If someone says you suck at something, prove them wrong.
    You have to remember, the world can be darker than night even in the day. We live in a world where right is wrong and wrong is right. What I do is listen to some encouraging music when I am just sitting around feeling bad (what I'm doing right now).

~Everything will make you stronger in the end~

6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

:hug: People are very hurtful towards me as well, but I know how you feel. But, you shouldn't give up because people are treating you badly. They aren't worth your time or bad feelings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.